Saturday, May 22, 2010

today...

I worked last night and I was far more tired than normal. I slept from about 8am-noontime. Although, I laid in the bed until 4pm trying to go back to sleep. I thought maybe I was getting sick but I think I'm just over tired. Next week is my last week of Child Development. I have a huge research paper due and my agenda for this week is already filled with appointments and things that must be done. I remind myself, one day at a time... I think I'd rather sleep. :)

I gave Sophia a bath tonight. She pretended she was a kitten. A kitten that had been lost in the woods. She was muddy and dirty. She was chased into the woods by wolves. The wolves threw applesauce and pickle juice on her. She fell into mud and an alligator tried to eat her. While she told me her story about how she got away from the wolves and the alligator all I could think of was... "SMELLY CAT, SMELLY CAT, WHAT ARE THEY FEEDING YOU..." haha! No worries though, I got that little kitten bathed and her teeth brushed and was fresh as a daisy and was very grateful to have a loving home, even though she was scared of my two dogs.

Yes, we have two dogs now... I don't know if I mentioned that but we have Papi and Jazzy Bell now. She is a little black miniature poodle. She is a sweet girl. A great friend for Papi. We really are enjoying have two dogs. Papi doesn't even have to wear his cone on his head anymore... seems like his nervous itching has been resolved by having a playmate.

Troy and I went to the grocery store today. We stopped by the Goodwill to see if we could find him some really cool superman t-shirts. He loves Superman, Spiderman, Hulk, and Ironman. He pretends he is Superman and will hold my arm over his shoulder and run around the house "flying" me to safety, just like Superman. He has one Superman shirt that Tony found him at a thrift shop. He asks to wear it everyday. He loves this shirt and when I am not home Tony will let him wear it all day, bath him, and then put it back on him.. eww! Needless to say, we need more than one Superman shirt. We found three shirts today. He walked around with his shirts and was more than thrilled that he had found his new treasures. When we went to the grocery store he told everyone in the store about his Superman shirts... anyone who would listen, anyway.

Well, I should get some homework done while I am wake, believe it or not, I'm still tired.

Church tomorrow, then lunch at my mom's house with my brothers and all their kids.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you were able to find him some more Superman shirts! :)

    ReplyDelete