Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Whirlwind Weeks...

February... March... AHHH....
The calendars are just about full through March. I would like to enjoy 2010 but up until now I am been flying through it. I can hardly remember a year that has begun flying by so quickly. Usually you look back and say, "wow, that flew by" but I'm looking forward and saying, "SLOW DOWN!"

Where to start?

Lots of Birthday Parties lately, the past three weeks we have been to 6 birthday parties... busy kids.

Tony and I are going camping for his birthday next weekend. His birthday isn't until March but things are so crazy in March so we are going in February.

We are going to my cousin's wedding in the keys in March. Sophia is a flower girl again!!

I am going back to school. I did just say that huh? With a two year old, a four year old, a job, a husband... what am I thinking!? I am still getting used to the idea. I am actually enrolling at a school in Iowa, they have an online program for my degree, so maybe I'll come visit Iowa in a couple years for my graduation. I start classes online on Tuesday! I am going to finish my bachelors in education, I only have about a year left. Then on to finish my masters in social science. I am hoping to teach at the college level, like a community college. I am excited and nervous. I am having to take out a student loan.. yicks! Should of, would of, could of.... finished my degree when I was on a full ride scholarship but I was madly in love and wanted a baby... live and learn and looking back I wouldn't have changed a thing. It's been fun. Stressful, but fun. I love waking up in the morning next to the man of my dreams, even if he is bald and snoring like a chainsaw. I still love him.

Sophi is starting VPK next year. In Florida, all kids can go to VPK if they are going to be 4 by September 1st, and entering Kindergarten the following year. Sophia will be 5 on September 8th, but because she will miss the cut off for kindergarten by 8 days (5 by Sept 1), she will be going to VPK.
She is currently going to a PreK 4 class near our house. It is a small school at a church, we love her teacher and her class... I wish she could just stay there until her senior year! All of her friends will be going on the kindergarten and because of her birthday she will have to wait and go the following year.
I am ok with that. I'd rather her be mature enough than starting too early. Even though I think she is a super genius and will be just fine. We will wait.
I have been struggling with elementary school options though. I hear lots and lots of parents struggle with this decision. Florida schools are not the greatest... I mean, I turned out ok, it's not so much the education as the other kids in the schools I'm worried about. There influence... there mouths... ugh! Gives me nightmares... I can't even think about it...
The short version... for the first time in my life I think homeschooling is a good idea. I'm not sold on it yet but it's about 40/20/40 (private school/public school/home school) right now in my mind. For now she is signed up to start VPK next August at a private preschool about 15 minutes from our house.
Elementary school makes me a nutcase...I just can't imagine Sophi carrying her lunch tray in a cafeteria with 10 and 11 year olds. It freaks me out! How my mother ever let me go to school is beyond me! :)

Valentines Day is coming up! Sunday! The kids and I will make our traditional heart cake for Daddy. I got the kids little baskets with heart chocolates and a stuffed animal 2 of $10 at Walmart, I love Walmart. I was at Walmart today in the 'Valentines Day section' remembering Valentines Day shopping two years ago, Valentines Day 2008 read this.
Tony and I may try and sneak away for a little to see a movie, if my mom will watch the kiddos for us.
This Valentines Day is going to have a new tradition as well. My sister in law, Anne-Marie, her father died on Valentines Day last year. In his memory, Sophi helped me decide, we are going to send a red balloon up to heaven for "Bumpa" (my nephew, Xavier, called him "Bumpa" because he couldn't say "Grandpa") we are going to do this every year to honor the memory that his family still carries with them. We are all connected and this is our way of remembering someone who meant so much to our family.

Well, the kids and I are off to take cookies to Tony's work for Valentines Day.

1 comment:

  1. That comment you made about Tony’s bald head and chainsaw snoring had me cracking up!!!!! Love you, friend!!! Hope we can make some time together in the midst of the CRAZY schedules!!! :)

    ReplyDelete