Tuesday, October 26, 2010

reality

These days are flying by way to quickly. I understand what people mean when they say enjoy your children because it goes by way too quick. It really does. Everyday it feels like the hours slip through my fingers. I know without a doubt I am enjoying every moment and making the most of every second with them... even in the frustrating moments... I know we are living it up.
My life is in no way perfect but I think life is what you make it and I try to find the joy and the life in every breath.
Someone told me last week, "You make it appear so easy"
I was almost insulted... in no way is it easy or perfect and in no way to I want to make it appear to be so... but it should always be joyful, thankful, and grateful.
Anyone who knows me would laugh at the statement that I make it look easy.. I would argue that I don't make it look easy I just have learned to let go.
I am not perfect and I don't expect myself to be so. If my dishes are dirty because I have chosen to spend my time playing with my kids or to paint an old picture frame then so be it.
So I choose to blog instead of cooking a lavish dinner, grilled cheese it is.
As a mom we sacrifice so much of ourselves for our children and our families I feel no reason to stress myself with perfection.
My husband may rarely come home to a wife who has her hair done and make up on, heck, he is lucky if I have matching socks... but I am confident that he loves me that way and that he wouldn't want to come home to anyone else.
Date nights are not as frequent as we would like and there has been an occasion or two that we fight so much in the process of getting the kids ready for grandma's house and dropping everyone off and getting ready that we don't enjoy each other's company and a date night would have been better spent spending time apart rather than together.
I don't try and pretend things are perfect and wonderful but I do try and enjoy every second and I think I do a pretty good job.
I love having my friends and family around. My door is always open and although my home may not be spotless it is normally sanitary :)

I now have a five year old and a three year old. Troy has been forced to finally ditch the bottle and there are few signs of 'baby' in our home. Troy moved to a full size bed and ditched the bottle in the same week. I caught myself doing something rather unusual as I put together Troy's big bed- I brought the crib back into his room. He has a lifetime crib and I can transition it to use as a headboard. I have not screwed it together.. parts of the crib just lean against the wall. Partly because I have not had time and in part because I am so sad to make this transition. It is so weird knowing that we will not have another baby in our home. I am happy about this in some ways as I know we are moving from The Wiggles to Cyberchase, but in other ways my heart is breaking. I feel like college is days away... it's really pathetic.
Sophia starts cheerleading this week and Troy starts tball in two weeks. I was talking to my sister in law today and said, "I just got off the phone with the cheer coach" I could hardly believe those words were coming from my mouth. I am so proud of my children and the little people they are becoming. Sophia is so smart and loves school and Troy is so strong and talking more and more everyday.

Well, my hubby is home... I cooked chicken for our salad tonight, he wanted kielbasa... hello, reality! :) I wouldn't trade it for anything.

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say I love you!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so uplifting! Seriously, so many times I try and make situations with Alana perfect...so after reading this. I am going to choose not to compare my child and my marriage and my life to perfection because wow...it is seriously exhausting. Not to mention the harder you try to get there, the harder it is to reach. I think you guys are perfect.. :) Awesome blog!

    ReplyDelete