Saturday, November 20, 2010

Made with Love

Turkey day is coming soon and there are quite a few things I should be getting done besides this...





But they were so fun to make! And I have to give my friend Ashley, the credit for my inspiration, although she will tell you she picked up the ideas from etsy. :)

I was a little discouraged because I didn't think I was going to have time or the extra $ to do much crafting for Thanksgiving. I have to get into a new way of thinking and instead of going out and purchasing all new stuff for each craft project I recycled some of the kids old and stained t-shirts, covering the stains with a piece of brown fabric for the turkey's body.

With Troy's shirt I used old t-shirts that don't fit him anymore and they have stains so I can't hand them down to anyone else so Troy's shirt is totally made of his old clothes that would have been used as cleaning rags. :)

Sophia's shirt is an old shirt and two pieces of scrap fabric that I had just enough to make this cute polkadotted turkey. I love the way it turned out.


I still def need some work with my sewing skills but it will come with practice. :)

1 comment:

  1. Good job girl! :) Way to 'upcycle' things that were otherwise going to be rags!!!

    ReplyDelete