Thursday, December 11, 2008

unannoucned hiatus...

Well, it was a short, unannounced, unplanned hiatus from blogging. Life has been overwhelmingly busy the last few weeks. I can't even remember where I left off, but throwing the update out there- we are moving in three days. We found a beautiful house(huge!) on one acre for half the cost of what we pay now, totally a God thing if you ask me. :) Tony was out of town for a week during my hiatus; during that time Sophia got a "tummy flu" so with Tony gone and a sick kiddie and Troy missing his favorite person in the world (daddy) that was a hectic week. Once Sophia got better and Tony made it home safe Troy decided he'd take his turn being sick, not the stomach flu, but he has a nasty cold and some HUGE tonsils :) He hasn't been eating well and his asthma is acting up worse than ever. Last night he threw up... I am hopeful that he doesn't have the stomach bug on top of whatever else he has. He has been taking LOTS of medicines and hardly eating a thing, so I'm hoping it was the meds that upset his stomach. I have felt "erpy" ever since but I think it's mental (I hate stomach bugs!) The Norovirus was going around the kids school last week, I am pretty sure that's what Sophia had. If you've never heard of it, it's just a stomach virus with a sudden onset, vomiting, diarrhea, and slight fever, that quickly goes away, it affects a large amount of people in an area- it's the sickness that you hear most times affecting cruise ships. 120+ students and teachers went home from her school with it the Friday before Thanksgiving, that's what I heard anyway ;)
Well, we have been packing like crazy. I told my mom "we are living out of a box" at least we aren't living in a box. :) My Internet classes are going good. I have slowed down a bit since we are preparing to move, trying to complete 3 classes per week instead of one a day. I only have 4 more tests left. WHOOT WHOOT! The decision to get a job is an emotional one, not getting a job, but putting the kids in daycare, not being with them all the time, you know that phrase about when your children aren't with you it's like a body part is missing? That's exactly what I'm feeling. Also, I worry about Sophia -what if the stress of change causing her to start having seizures again, she has done so good being off medication but she is also in a very controlled environment (regular naps, quiet time, good diet, etc) not that I don't think the daycare could offer the same things but!? mommy does it best right!? and Troy he is so young still, my little guy. I'd miss them soo much. Also, do you know how much childcare is for two kids!!?? After insurance and daycare, I'd make like $70 a week -I make almost that now babysitting twice a week. :) So, Tony and I decided that I was going to sit tight, take my classes, get moved into the new house, keep the kids in a routine, and if the perfect job came along take it! If the "perfect job" doesn't come, I'll be home as long as I can and then I'll have to go back to work. I think that's a great decision. :) Gives me some time to adjust and wrap my mind around going back to work, I'm very change resistant (that's where Sophia gets it) but I'll come around. Not to mention we are dealing with a lot of change anyway, moving to a new house.
IT is early here, 5:15am right now, I got up with Troy around 4:30 and couldn't go back to sleep, we have to leave early to go sign the papers on the house this morning so might as well get up. Sophia keeps waking up saying she has a runny nose (she doesn't) but I help her get a tissue and blow her fake runny nose and she goes back to sleep. It is so windy here. I am going to have to turn on the news, maybe a cold front coming in. It was great yesterday 80 degrees, only in Florida can you wear shorts and flip flops in December :)
This weekend will probably be a busy one, I'll be around, reading but probably not writing much until later next week. Then, I'll be back, maybe sooner because boy to I have some funny stories to share with you guys! :) Happy Thursday!
Here are a few pictures from the Gaylord Palms ICE in Orlando. We went a couple weekends ago. It was amazing and freezing! They chill the rooms to 9 degrees, give you parkas (because who in FL has clothes for 9 degree weather!?), and hot chocolate on the other side. It was really fun, until they evacuated the building, I'll blog on that later though. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment