Tuesday, November 25, 2008

my farm kids




Still taking medical terminology... I am still trucking away at a chapter a day.

I have some cute kid stories to share, here is when I take time to write intentional memories...

Sunday Tony and I went shooting at my mom's farm. We took the kids with us but I forgot Troy's shoes. So, we stopped at Target on the way there and picked up a pair of cheap shoes for him to wear. I ran in while Tony drove around the parking lot. I found him a cute pair of knock off crocs that looked like Lightening McQueen from the Cars movie.. they were on clearance for $4, can't beat that. They were a little big but I figured they'd work and Troy loves Lightening McQueen so I knew he'd like them. I just didn't know how much. The shoes kept falling off of his feet while he walked in the clay around the barn. He would stop and pick up the shoes and try to put them back on. Eventually I gave up and let him walk and ruin a pair of socks. When we got home, I took the shoes and put them on his shelf with the rest of his shoes in his room. Last night after his bath he was running around his room wearing his diaper and he found the bright red car shoes. He chased after me saying "EEZZZZ" and hitting the shoes on his foot. I asked him, "Do you want to wear them?" He gave me the shoes and sat on the ground. I would put the shoes on him and he'd walk very slowly so that he could keep the shoes from falling off. He loves them. He looked so cute. His curly brown hair, pop belly, saggy diaper, and red shoes. What a sweetie he is.

Sophia and Troy got in a fight last night- a real fight. Rolling on the kitchen floor, screaming at each other, one on top of the other, they were fighting over an Elmo book that my aunt got Sophia for her birthday when she was 2. They were both wearing fleece pajamas, slipping and sliding around the floor. I came in the kitchen and grabbed them each in one hand and they slid apart, still screaming. I yelled "be quiet" and they both stopped, looked at me, and both started crying. I picked them up and carried them into the other room and sat them down, I was so shocked that they were fighting and I really didn't know what to do, I said "you figure it out" and I walked away to contemplate my next move. They were sitting on the floor in the dining room looking at my crying. I walked into the kitchen got the book, put it back in Sophia's room. I told Sophi "your book stays in your room"... I really still didn't know how to handle it so I turned around to figure out how to handle the situation. Then I looked, Sophia had crawled over to Troy and they were holding each other. Sophia was rubbing his head saying "I'm sorry Troy" and he was clinging to her saying "Titty, oh Titty". Not five seconds later they were up and playing again, loving each other. So sweet. I guess I don't always have to know what to do, they "figured it out"

Tonight Troy was climbing all over Sophia while she laid on the floor wrapped in a blanket, she says "I'm wrapped in a cuddle." She hugged Troy and said "I'm thanksgiving for you Troy" :)

I hope everyone has a good thanksgiving, I'm thanksgiving for you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment