Wednesday, August 26, 2009

watching the rain

It has been storming just about every afternoon for the past week. The grass and flowers have never looked so good. The kids and the dog are scared of the thunder. Sometimes it does get very loud. The dog and the kids run through the house fussing and whining. Three wimps! ;)

Sophia is getting ready to start school in a little over a week. She is very excited. I am sure she will do great. Her birthday is coming up soon too. She will be 4 years old on Sept 8th. We are planning a Garden themed party for her. We decided to let her have over about 5 little girls and do a very girly party for them. We are going to let them decorate pots and then plant flowers. She is happy to have her party and has been talking and talking about it. She is as dramatic as ever! I don't think that will ever change.

Troy is talking more and more lately. He says "I love you" -it is the most precious thing that I have every heard!! He is still loving his crib. When he is tired he climbs in it and says "night night" and asks for him "bah bah". His favorite show is Hi-5 on Discovery Kids. He wakes up in the morning and runs into the living room and screams "hi fi" at the television. When you turn it on he jumps around and dancing to the music and does somersaults around the floor.

Tony has been working a little bit the past week or two. I am really hopeful that he will be able to start working regularly again soon. I really have been struggling with working lately. Not that I don't like my job just I miss the kids. Most of the times it doesn't get to me but sometimes I really do miss how carefree our lives used to be. We were very blessed, and we still are. This defiantly is a new kind of normal though. I never understood Tony's stress with work and the financial pressures that go along with it, but I defiantly understand now. I was very naive to his stress and the pressure that he dealt for our family, I am also very happy that I can take some of that burden off of him. We can both weather this storm together.
I was only scheduled to work part time this month and I am going to try and pick up some extra shifts but that was a blow to my feeling of security with my job. I am going to take some classes this month to make myself a bit more marketable in the medical field, some short courses and classes that I can take to open up some possible opportunities later on.

1 comment:

  1. So glad to see ya post! I miss you so much, girl!!! Love you!! :)

    ReplyDelete