Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Grumpy Morning

What a great day!
I got up and really didn't want to. I was kind of stressed and didn't sleep well... it was one of those days when you just want to stay in bed as long as possible with your head under the covers. I felt just like this...

Then.. the phone rang... I looked at the clock and it was 8:23, that was sleeping in. The kids were awake, I could hear them in their rooms but they were content playing in their beds. I answered the phone trying to sound awake, I didn't want whoever was on the other end knowing that I was being so lazy as to not be up and moving at 8:30. It was the preacher man from our church, wishing us a good week. I guess it was like God's little reminder to get up and be grateful for even the littlest blessings.
I got up and remembered that I had told my friend Lisa that I would walk the 3.2 miles around a lake close to our house. She was going to be over to get me at 9:30. Tony was home so he watched the kids for me so I could go. I got the kids up, feed, dressed, and there was Lisa right on time. I ran out to her car and we headed to the lake. We walked around the lake and my hips were throbbing, I was hot and wanted nothing more than to go home and jump in the pool with my favorite little monsters!
So, when I got home I got the kids ready and we went to the pool. We had a good time. Tony went to the store for dog food and diapers. When we got home we feed the kids and naptime. So, my tired, lazy, morning ended up being rather productive. Now, energized I sat on the couch and played on the computer for a little bit. I was chatting with our friend Bradley and we decided that the best thing to do this evening was for Tony and I to load up the kids and go have dinner at their house. We have been friends with them for two years now and we have never been to their house. I know that sounds strange but they had a dog that I was severely allergic to so we always had them over to our house. Their dog passed away a few months ago, God Bless Amos, but I was really glad that I could come over to their house now! ;) Kati is one of my dearest friends and I really enjoyed her company. We had a great time. The kids played and had a great time! They have a little boy who is just a few months younger than Sophia. She loves him. She told us tonight that when she gets up she wants Paul to be her boyfriend. Troy adores Paul, he is the big brother Troy will never have. They are great friends and we had a great time. Not only is she a good friend but she is very very crafty, I'd call her an artist!! Check out her etsy shop. I ordered a few things from her for Christmas gifts. The bean bags are darling! She is having a baby in just a few weeks so if you want any custom orders before Christmas you better hurry! ;) We got home late and the kids were very tired and ready for bed... so to bed they went and to bed I am going...
So my grumpy morning ended being an awesome day.

3 comments:

  1. Glad we could be a part of turning your grumpy day around! We had fun last night and we'll have to do it again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY for a great day!! LOVE and MISS you!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture is HILARIOUS! It's nice to be reminded of just how blessed we truly are, especially on certain grumpy mornings. So glad to hear you all are well. Missed your blogging - glad you're back ;o)

    ReplyDelete