Monday, September 20, 2010

Monday, Monday...

Just another Monday... not exactly...
This is our first week of homeschooling that I am a stay at home mommy again! Hurray! Not working is a huge weight off my shoulders, I am so grateful to be home with them again full time. This is something I really did NOT appreciate until I had to go to work. I am proud that I was able to help my family through my job but I so- love being home with them. I am so glad it is a new season and I plan on enjoying every moment with them.
We got up this morning and did some 'desk work'... I try not to do a lot of 'desk work' but sometimes it is necessary, most handwriting practice. We do lots of coloring and crafts too... but sometimes that 'boring' pencil and paper work is necessary. We did some letters, numbers, and spelling... a few color sheets. And then it was off to our first 'official' field trip. We are covering the letter "I" in our reviewing this week so are also studying the animals that live where there is ice... so we went to Sea World's Wild Arctic. This was fun! Before we left we read some about puffins and emperor penguins, and the most favorite walrus! We found out that a boy walrus is called a bull and a girl is called a cow. We also found out that their teeth can grow to be 3ft long! Sophia was mesmerized by the size of the walrus we saw once we got to Sea World. There was also a giant slab of ice for them to touch... in Florida, that is a huge deal!
So Wild Arctic was fun then we hit up Shamu's Happy Harbor and went on some rides. Just me and the kids at Sea World.. it was actually NOT as exhausting as I imagined. I actually noticed that we meandered around more than normal... talking about colors we saw, animals, shapes... we noticed flags and ducks and ponds and employee only entrances ;) It was fun to adventure around and kind of loose ourselves with no real agenda (after Wild Arctic that is). We went and saw an awesome show with dancers and gymnastics... I think it was called 'call of the ocean' it was neat and the kids loved the special effects. Sophia said that she would like to study 'special effects' next week so I am going to see if I can't find some books about that at the library this week.
We loaded in the car and Troy feel asleep on the way home, I was stunned that Sophia did not fall asleep. We got back into town and Troy woke up crying because he was hungry, we really hardly ate all day so a chicken nugget dinner was in order. We got in town and we were just in time of gymnastics. I offered to take them, because I had packed their clothes, although I really doubted that they would want to go after a full day... they were so excited to go... ugh, ok, gymnastics it is... I changed them in the car and in we went. They did great at gymnastics, Troy listens more and more... the structure is good for him and Sophia loves being with the other kids. We got home and... washed the car and emptied all of our junk.
Tony is coming home tonight and Sophia asked me, "Are you cleaning your car because Daddy says it is gross"
Well, not exactly but thank you for your input Sophia. I wanted to tell her that my car is gross because of her and her brother and all their crap.. but I didn't.
We got inside and had a quick bath, a snack, two books, and bedtime!
It was a perfect day! A few tears, a little bit of sass, but ultimately it was a great day. Love them!!

1 comment: