Thursday, March 25, 2010

Miami here we come!

I knew this week would be overwhelming.. I feel like this week has been about two weeks long. Tony's birthday was just Monday and it feels like atleast two weeks ago. I am sitting at my computer in the dark, listening to Troy snore, yes Troy, not Tony, Troy... poor kid, asthma has kicked his butt this week.
So I worked the last two nights. Sophia had the firetruck come to her school on Wednesday, totally cool! Thank you to my good buddy Sheryl who was there to take pictures because I was snoozing.
I started my new class, I love it, just wish I wasn't so tired when I was reading, writing, and studying it. It is all about health and wellness of children and families... I can already tell we will be changing some things that we do in our house. Lots of good ideas in my book!
We are getting up at 4am and heading out for south Florida in the morning. We should be down south around 2ish, just in time for the rehearsal, then the dinner. Saturday morning is the wedding, Sunday we will be driving home.
I was looking forward to a short get away even if we would be busy most of the time, but my little boy is so incredibly sick I just want to curl up in the bed with him and sleep for the next three days.
I got a phone call from Tony at work last night that Troy was sick with asthma. His allergies have been really acting up lately causing his asthma to give him trouble. I came home from work at 7am, got Sophi ready for school, called the doctor and made an appointment for Troy to go to the pediatrician. Tony said that Troy was crying "I want to go Doctor" all night. His right eye was swollen shut and his was snotty and wheezing all morning. So.. I slept for two hours and got up to take my little man tot he doctor. I was already thinking that there might be a possibility that we wouldn't be able to go on our trip. I would hate to miss seeing my little 'flower tot' in action but I could send her with my mom if need be. I didn't want to do that though.
Luckily, the doctor saw him and got him fixed up.. he is on the mend. I'm hoping he will be ok during our trip. He has pink eye, an ear infection, serve allergies from pollen, and asthma. He is on breathing treatments every four hours, steroids, antibiotics, and eye drops. You should see the plastic bin of medication that I have packed for this kid.
Well, I am going to go get some packing done and go to sleep. Hoping to be in bed at midnight, wonderful, four hours of sleep! geez!
Pray that we have a safe trip and that Troy has some relief from his asthma please. Thanks friends!
Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment