Monday, April 19, 2010

Intentional Memories- Sophia Ann

I love intentional memories, a smell, a trip, pictures, blogs. I think so much is lost in time and if we can record some of the small things to have for later we can benefit from them later on.
So today I will write about my little Sophia Ann. I want to remember the little things...






I want to remember that Sophi wants to marry her daddy and be her little brother's girlfriend when she grows up.
I don't want to forget that she insists on having her nails painted the same shade of hot pink with glitter sparkles.
I want to remember that at this moment in time that she loves watching Disney movies even if they scare her to death. She waits for the happy ending, torturing herself through the scary, sad, and angry parts of the movie so that she can see the prince kiss the princess.
She is a romantic little one, always dreaming of elegant stories that she is the princess waiting on her "Prince Sharmin".
She is a caretaker and hates to hear her brother cry, even more if she is the reason he is crying.
I don't want to forget how much she loves the men in her life; her Daddy, Poppa, Uncle Map, Uncle Gabe, Uncle Darrell, her Grand Daddy, and her Great Poppa. She thinks they all adore her, and they do.
She is passionate and doesn't understand when others aren't as passionate about something as she is.
She loves animals and is always pretending that she is some furry little pet.
I don't want to forget that when she plays pretend she will stop one hundred times and tell you how to act, what to say, and what to do next, then she will continue her 'game' but only when we "pretend" the exact way she described.
She is bossy and loving at the same time, she tries to make Troy obey, threatening him with timeout or that she will take away his toys. She must think she is much older than he is.
I want to remember how she loves to go adventuring with her Daddy. I want to remember how she likes to be the leader but only if he is right behind her.
She is brave and wise. She has the best memory and never forgets when someone or something hurt her or made her sad; she remembers the joyful things as well and tells us that it takes 7 happy moments to cover up one sad moment. No one we know has ever told her this; She says her angel told her.
I want to remember that we believe her.
I don't want to forget that she loves to color, especially with markers, but she is content with crayons. She is easily hurt when you don't know what she drew. We have to be careful to say "tell me about your picture?" instead of "what is that?"
She would rather color on a blank sheet of paper than in a coloring book and that she never colors in the lines.
I don't want to forget that she hates to have her hair brushed and screams while I brush through the tangles, only to look in the mirror after and tell me how beautiful she looks.
She thinks that her daddy thinks she is the most beautiful girl in the world, and he really does.
I want to remember her perfect little hands, so feminine and gentle.
I don't want to forget how she dances through life.
I want to remember how she clinches her tiny fists when she is mad.
I want to remember her soft cheeks, her sweet hugs, and how she always thinks of nice things to say when you are sad.
She is a sweet little girl with a tender heart.

1 comment:

  1. This is seriously the most beautiful thing EVER!! Love you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete