Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Q-tip Stories

Before the Q-tip story... Here is my little doodlebugs watching Matilda with their friends over today. I love when they have friends over, I get so much done, they have a chance to play with someone other than each other plus these two little girls are totally adorable!





Troy, Delany, Sophia, and Ashlynn <3



The kids and I went in the pool the other day. We got inside and I got them changed. I love how their skin smells like cholorine and sun screen. A true Florida momma, I guess...



The kids were eating a snack and I was on the phone with a friend of mine while I was getting ready to make a quick run to the grocery.



I hung up the phone and turned around to see Troy standing there with me with a Q-tip in his ear. I didn't want to alarm him but I wanted him to give me the Q-tip. I knew if I alarmed him that he might push it in his ear or start running with it in his ear. So I quietly said, "give me that buddy."



He handing me the Q-tip but half of it was missing.



I was startled and looked on the ground. Troy looked with me like it was a big mystery. I asked him where the other half went.



He said, "In my ear."



Oh, Troy! I couldn't see anything in his ear but nothing was visible to me.



I looked around for a few minutes while I noticed that he was pulling on his ear.



I called the pediatrician and off we went.



While we were in the car he was so excited, clapping his hands and singing, "I'm going to the doctor."



Sophia was telling him, "Troy they are going to cut off your ear to get that out you better be worried, there is going to be blood!"



It didn't phase him.. Sophia!



These two kids are really going to be the death of me... I listened to them banter back and forth at each other.



We got to the doctor and he checked Troy's ears... he giggled the whole time. I was glad it didn't damage his ear. I wish he not been laughing through the whole thing, but I am glad he wasn't crying the whole time too.



After we got that handled we went to pick up dinner then we went home.



Tomorrow night I work, then Saturday we are going down south to see Tony. He works this weekend but we are going to stay on the beach just 8 miles from his work. I'm excited to see him and for a nice little vacation with the babies.



1 comment:

  1. This is so funny. Even funnier since I have had the chance to meet your awesome little kiddos! I am glad there was no crazy procedure to get it out..but I don't know what is more priceless, your son singing "I'm going to the dr." or Sophia telling him that he needs to be worried about the dr. cutting off his ear...LOL.

    ReplyDelete