Saturday, January 15, 2011

Weekend Project

I scooped up a great find on a local Facebook group for moms and their kids. It is a group created by a friend of mine, for local moms to buy and sell new or used stuff. I have had awesome success selling within the group, last week I made $75 selling things that were just laying around my house collecting dust. This week also made my first two purchases from the website, one of those things was a metal swing set for $25.
I saw it listed and thought for that price it would be the perfect toy to put out on the farm for all the kids to play with. It had some rust but like my dad called it, "surface rust".
This is what it looked like when we picked it up. I just bought the metal swing set, not the wooden one.

We got it to the farm and my dad gave me some tips and he had to get to work. I started sanding right away and used three cans of Rustoleum spray paint. We got all new hardware for it and now...

Here is a great picture to show the difference of the painted side and the sanded side... whoa baby!

Well- I'm exhausted! Good Night!!

1 comment: