Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Upcycled Picture Frame

One of my never ending projects got finished today... my upcycled picture frame.

I have 3 old picture frames that I planned to upcycle into crafty pieces of awesomeness.... they have been sitting, taken apart and half done for about 3 months now. I have been sick for a few days and today I started feeling better- not well enough to fold laundry or wash dishes but well enough to spray paint and finish one of my three upcycled picture frames.

So- here is the upcycled picture frame... turned kitchen chalkboard...


I have no before pictures... this was a large wooden picture frame that I picked up from Walgreens ages ago- it was the kind with the white inserts and you can put like 8 pictures inside it for a collage frame. I took it apart and spray painted the frame blue.
I spray painted the glass with chalkboard paint by Valspar.
Put it all back together and tada....



Don't ask me why this simple project has taken me so long- seems like the simplest projects are the ones that get drawn out the longest.

Upcycling is the process of converting waste materials or useless products into new materials or products of better quality or a higher environmental value.

No comments:

Post a Comment