Tuesday, January 17, 2012

miserable failure...

the kind that puts a lump in your throat and a tightness in your chest...

the humbling failure that makes you fall on your face at His feet...

begging Him to right your wrong...

a momma sized failure...



A late night filled with joy and the spirit

They came in a bundle of excitement...

carefree and wild... just how I love them.

But I was tired and just wanted to fall into my bed...

that's not how it works for momma though.

As they ran down the hall applesauce, dirt and filth was the trail the left behind.

These feet I love coating with lotion and kiss before bedtime...

these tiny toes made a huge mess...



and I responded miserably...

I groaned and complained, I raised my voice and my emotions got the best of me...

call it what you will...

it was awful...

On my hands and knees wiping up mess while a curly headed boy stood by tears in his eyes and lip puckered...

sad at his momma's words and actions...

As I crawled along the floor wiping up the mess I found myself face to face with that little lip and tear filled eyes...

Oh God what have I done!?

I scooped him up quick but the damage was done...

That's the thing about words, once they are out they cannot be taken back in

I put him in the tub and fell on the ground in shame, face pressed the the ground in the bathroom of all places I prayed for God to take back...

He doesn't work that way though...

She always says "fragile hearts"

We must be so aware... ever present...

I must try harder...

I never want to forget...

I have to remember.

God, please help me remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment