Wednesday, February 4, 2009

a not so wordless wednesday :)

so much for tradition... I have to update :)


I'm really worn out. This is going to be pretty short. I've gotten some emails asking us how our week is going. Troy is still pretty sick. Throwing up, and all the yucks that come along with it. He was very dehydrated on Monday/Tuesday, you've heard the doctors say they are OK as long as they have tears... he didn't even have tears. It was very disturbing and frightening. I felt very helpless, you know me 'momma control'. I was feeding him pedialyte in a syringe to get fluids in him. He probably should have been taken to the hospital but we were advised that the hospital in our area is so filled with MRSA right now that it would be better if we could keep him out of there. We were on a 2 hour watch, if he didn't improve we were going to take him. Praying and hoping, he cried with tears. What a relief. I just wanted him to cry. Now I just want him to stop! :) He isn't dehydrated but he is still feeling pretty crappy. Lots of crying and not much sleeping. He belly sounds like a coffee pot brewing. I just cries and cries. Sophia is bothered by her bubba crying so much.
I am totally depleted.
Tony and I are going to a seminar this weekend. The kids are staying with my mom Friday-Sunday, I am so sad to leave them, much less when he has been so sick. They have a wonderful grandma who is ready to have them. I am hopeful that he will be feeling better. So- grateful to God that the rest of us don't have it! Did I mention that I was going to miss them soooo much! I have never been gone from them more than short overnighters... boo! I love those kids.
Sophia had ballet last night. Tony kept Troy so that I could take her. I feel bad she hasn't had much attention from mommy this week. She is such a sweet soul. We sang and talked the whole ride home from dance class. She amazes me.

The weather is cold here.. ok 60s but that's cold in Florida. We attempted going outside, it's the only thing that Troy will be happy about. He stands at the door and says "shhoooes, shhhoooes" poor kid! It was way to cold. So we play "hotel" I am the bellhop and I take Sophia and Troy all around the house pretending it is a "hotel". They eat at the hotel restaurant, watching movies in the hotel theater, read in the hotel library... imagination!!
So that's what's going on with us... I'm out! :)

1 comment:

  1. So sorry, it's so hard when they are sick! Glad he seems to be doing a little better. Your haircut looks great and your daughter is TOO cute!

    ReplyDelete