Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas Gift Idea

Every year my nephew is the one person on my list I just can't figure out. He is a teenager now and every year I am just at a loss as to what to get him.

I really hate giving money and gift cards to people for Christmas.

It seems so... impersonal... maybe? I dunno? I like receiving money and gift cards though, so it's not that it's a bad gift, just sometimes I guess it can seem like an afterthought.

But when a catchy poem and the right packaging...


The poem reads:
Ginger Bread Men with Yummy Icing,
are oh so good and extremely enticing.
I set out to make you a dozen or two,
but time ran out, so now what to do?
So instead of the cookies, I tied with a bow
your own personal serving of holiday dough.



So, what 15 year old boy wouldn't love a box of dough for Christmas??

I'm sure my nephew up in Tennessee will be thrilled to open this one.

And I have no guilt about sending him something that is tossed together last minute, as quickly as he will pull every dollar out of those bows, it probably took me five times longer to tie them. In fact, I bet that guy will have them spent quicker than it took me to tie them.

No comments:

Post a Comment