Wednesday, December 7, 2011

preparing for the move...

We are in the waiting period with the house. Waiting for the title company to finish all of their paperwork so we can close. It should be within the next week or so. Then we can start renovations and hopefully move in days after Christmas, hopefully... it will be a stretch because we have to be out of this house by December 31st.
So, while we wait I have been preparing for the move...
not by packing boxes or anything like that... but...
sharing a bathroom with the kids, not using the dishwasher and reorganizing things to take up much less space...
sounds crazy huh?

Well, the house does have two bathrooms but for now the master bathroom is a 1/2 bath, which means we will be sharing a bathroom with the kids. I wanted to prepare for this by moving my things and "practicing" sharing a shower with the kids. Crazy I know but I wanted to be prepared. I have to get used to cleaning out the bathtub of boats and barbies before I shower. Not to hard... check that off my list glad I'll be prepared.

Not using the dishwasher, in the new house I decided I would rather have an extra cabinet than a dishwasher. There is no pantry and the cabinet space is very limited anyway so I decided I could go without the dishwasher and keep the extra cabinet, yes it meant that much to me. So I decided to give it a go... no more dishwasher. Not hard actually I think I keep up with the dishes a lot better because I'm not waiting for a dishwasher load before doing the dishes. And check it off the list... totally prepared for that.

Reorganizing things to take up less space, this is very important because space is limited in the new house. I have never appreciated under-bed-storage containers like I do now. We donated a lot of toys this year for the Christmas toy drive at our church and the things we decided to keep I'd say everything has a place. Pretty exciting to know we are going to be able to make it all fit. Check!

In all of this preparation I realize just how silly it is to think we "need" so much. Yes a dishwasher and extra bathroom make things more convenient, but really not a "need"... it's been fun practicing and realizing what we don't need :)

Tony laughs at me every time I truck into the kids bathroom to take a shower but you know when he steps on a toy soldier when he gets into the shower at the new house, I will be prepared.

Enough about that... I'm completely exhausted... Good Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment