Sunday, June 7, 2009

Double Trouble...

My two little peanuts! They love spending time on the farm.


Well, Sophia and Troy gave us a scare tonight. They were sitting at their little table eating a snack before bedtime. They usually sit and eat gram crackers around 740 while I give Sophia her medicine and Troy takes his allergy/asthma medicine. I gave Troy is medicine, which is in a syringe. I gave Sophi her pill and a cup. I saw her put the pill on her napkin. Then Troy dropped his cracker on his lap which had peanut butter on it, he grabbed his napkin to wipe his face. Just as that happened I saw Sophia out of the corner of my eye switch her napkin with Troy's napkin. He wiped his face with the napkin with the pill on it, but then I didn't see the pill. I thought it got in his mouth. I was looking at the napkin, at Troy's mouth, face... no pill. I looked on the floor I didn't see it. I was in a panic trying to find it. If Troy ate it, it would be very dangerous for him. It is a controlled substance, it's not like Tylenol. I asked Sophia where the pill was?? She said, "I ate it." I knew she didn't but she was looking right in my eyes, I was so upset that she would lie to me. I got Troy out of the kitchen and the dog out of the kitchen so I could look for the pill. I kept asking Sophia if she ate it or if she gave it to Troy? She was crying and yelling "I'm not lying, I ate it." I sent her to her room because I couldn't think with all the yelling. I told Tony to talk to her in her room because I thought she was lying and I needed to know what happened to the pill. Meanwhile, I was searching on the floor looking for a little white pill on white tile. Troy and 'Papi' were standing at the baby gate making all kinds of noise. Then Troy opened the gate, and they both ran in. I prayed for God to let me find the pill. If 'Papi' or Troy got it... that would be bad. Then I found it! Thank you God.
I heard Sophia scream at Tony "I ate it!"
I went in her room and I said "what is this!?"
She was so upset. She got caught!
My heart sank because I knew she was going to have to get in trouble for lying and she needs to know how serious it is that she not try and get Troy to eat her pill.
My heart was so sad. What my mom used to say about discipline - "it's harder on me than it is on you" rang true in my heart tonight.
It really wasn't that bad, but it was terrible to see her remorse once she got caught and knew she was in trouble.
I guess it's all part of having a child with medication.
I sat her down tonight and explained to her that she has epilepsy and she has to take medication that other people can't take. I told her what makes her well could hurt Troy.
Ugh- long night.

1 comment:

  1. Holly(!!!!) that is so scary. Ugh, thank God you found the pill. Even though you had to reprimand the little miss a bit, it's a whole lot better that, then the alternative. I remember my mom saying the same exact thing to me - and now, I say it to my own. Funny how we turn into our parents :o)
    Hey, good luck today!

    ReplyDelete