Saturday, June 6, 2009

take a bow...


Ballet is over! Until August that is, then it is tap and ballet. :)
Sophia danced like a princess. She did a great job. She was so happy. It was wonderful to see her. I was driving to the last show with her today and I was thinking about a number of times during this year that I didn't know if she would be able to continue in her dancing because of her seizures. I am so thankful to God that she is able to dance.
I was remembering the week she spent at children's hospital and when she asked me if she would ever be able to get out of that bed and take that wrap off her head and go to 'ballerina school' again? Sweet baby thought that test was going to last forever ;) I remember how she starting going on the potty just so that she would be able to dance in ballet. I remember how she told me that ballerina's don't smile because they have to be serious, they smile now. :) I remember how much my grandmother was planning on coming to watch her at her recital. She never made it, she passed a few months ago. Sophia said she was going to be a ballerina just like her 'great'.
For me, maybe not Sophi, but for me, seeing her dance is just a step in this journey of her little life. She is so happy when she is dancing, so free, just like when she rides her horse. I just adore her.
Looking back, this has been quite a year for us. Some good, some bad, just praise God for the good ones and find peace with the bad ones.

2 comments:

  1. Holly,

    How indescribly beautiful Sophia is in her cutesy little ballerina outfit...she truly is a blessing to you I can tell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at her! I'm not even the mommy and I'm still so proud of her! Good job, Sophie!
    I know all too well the "longing" for family at certain events, it's a very hard place to be. I'm sorry you were missing your Grams =(

    ReplyDelete