Monday, November 28, 2011

now that's an update....

I've been mentioning the big changes heading our way but I haven't really written about what those changes are...

I'll start with the most important...

This is a faith issue... Tony made the decision to commit his life to Christ and he has really stepped it up as the spiritual leader of our family. It is something I've prayed for many years. Something I'm so thankful for. It is a very real thing that the man is called by God to be the spiritual leader of his family. I will say from experience there is only so much a mother and wife can do without a God fearing husband- it is so nice to have a partner. But whoa baby... there is no holding us back now that we are both going in the same direction! A very wise couple shared with Tony and I once that a man and a woman are on the two bottom corners of a triangle, God is the point at the top, as they grow closer to God they follow the lines of the triangle and are pulled closer and closer together. This has never felt more real to me. Tony says for the first time in his life he feels like he is being lead, things aren't happening by chance and we are so excited to see what God is going to do next in our lives.

Second issue is a house one... some of you know that Tony and I went through a very difficult financial time when he lost his job of 12 years back in 2008. We lived in our "dream house" and lived very comfortably. After moving numerous times in 2008 and 2009 we ended up here. In a smaller rental house. The landlords have been great to us and we have enjoyed the home but it is time we begin to rebuild. We are in the process of purchasing a home. Tony and I would lay awake at night talking about how we would rebuild, we would have nice cars again, I dreamed about a double oven, he dreamed of having an office again... well, fast forward almost four years later and ask me if any of that is important?
We are buying an almost 1,000 sft. home that currently has no floors and needs a new roof... but ask me and it is my dream home! This home will be ours, for our family and this little home will enable us to do what we now know is the most important - spend time together as a family. We def won't be house poor and it is walking distance to our church. The inspection went well, lots of issues, but all things we were prepared to fix, it's def a project but we will do it together and if any of our friends would like to help, you know where to reach me! I should know a closing date this week.

Third issue is a work one... Tony and his Dad are at it again. The way they like it, father/son duo. They teamed with a Christian man to open a new RV dealership in Ocala. They are excited and it is heartwarming to see that excitement in both of their eyes again. I look at my father in law and I know he has his son's (all three of them)best interest at heart. I look at my husband and I know no matter what, his father is his hero. I know my son will feel the same way someday and for that I am thankful and seeing Marco and Tony together it makes my heart jump, thinking about the future for Tony and Troy. I am so thankful that Marco made the choice to be a leader for his family, I see how Tony learns from his Dad, that's building a legacy people. So, Tony is supposed to begin working in Ocala this week.

So- That is the bundle of change in a few short paragraphs.

Hopefully, I will be able to update more later... some funny stories about how I am preparing to downsize yet again- it's all mental and a little insanity, but I'll share more on that later.

I'm fighting a cold and I'm sure this weather change isn't helping...
Sophia had a rough night (seizure activity of some kind) so I didn't get much sleep.

I got a nap and coffee, now off to the grocery store...

Oh and I got the Christmas Tree up... cute huh? Still more decorations to put up and I have to finish the tree skirt but I couldn't resist posting a photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment