Sunday, November 9, 2008

Renaissance Faire

Today we went to the Renaissance Faire, I must admit, I was a bit skeptical... I have never been to one before. Tony's mom told me to expect to see a lot of boobs, they way she said it had me concerned... if you know me, you probably know I'm ok with cleavage... LOL, but I was concerned because I was hoping for a "family environment" as advertised. It turned out to be a great day though! Yes, lots of cleavage, but mostly in a tasteful 1500s kind of way. I wish I had cleavage like Queen Elizabeth though. ;) Ok, enough about the cleavage- and more about the faire..
It was a lot of fun. Sophia loved it, there was lots of horses to look at and princesses too -horses and princesses, her favorite! Troy was very entertained the majority of the time. He did get very mad on our walk at the docks when I wouldn't let him throw himself into the lake but other than that he did really good. Tony loved it, I think he wishes he was from this time period... that "heroic alpha male, I'm your knight in shining armor let me rescue you fair maiden" kind of stuff... haha! Anyway, there were a few strange looking characters but I kept an open mind and really ended up having fun. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.
Tony and I participated in archery and some other fun things. There was a comedian there named Johnny Phoenix, they called him the village idiot- he was very funny. We saw knights, jousting, and again lots of horses. There was lots of food, and you know we participated in that too. :) At the bottom is the link to see all the pictures and here are a few of my favorites-

Troy trying to fling himself into the lake. Don't worry I had a death grip on him, while maintaining my smile- that's multitasking.

Tony shot a bullseye

I didn't do too bad myself...

Sophia got to meet Queen Elizabeth, Sophi said, "thank you for talking to me Queen" :)Sweet girl.

Me and Tony <3


All the other pictures...
http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLanding.action?c=11qp8sz4.70otperw&x=0&y=eoqhmv&localeid=en_US

1 comment:

  1. Hey you! Glad you had more fun than expected without too much cleavage. Although, I agree that the cleavage in the 1500's was much classier than that of today (in most cases, anyway).
    Great pictures - love the death grip one. He's really trying to flop into the water, isn't he?
    You'd better post your cute award in your sidebar ... important for everyone to see! I'll follow through on mine when Shan gets back from her mini vacay.
    Hope you guys are doing well - it's a blizzard here today! We got about 2 inches of snow this AM :)

    ReplyDelete