Wednesday, November 12, 2008

three year old with an attitude

Yesterday morning she told me she couldn't go out of the bathroom without her make up on...




What do you do with a three year old with the attitude of thirty year old?
Love her, I guess, and lots of prayer!

Last week we were driving to Chick Fil A to meet my friend Megan and her daughter for dinner and so the kids could play. On the way there Sophia's shoe fell off. I told her I'd get it when we got to Chick Fil A. She was screaming, "My shoe! My shoe!" Breathe, I reminded myself. I told her to calm down and stop asking, I will get it when we get there.
She was quiet for a couple minutes then let it out- "MOMMY, IF YOU DON'T PULL THIS CAR OVER RIGHT NOW AND PUT MY SHOE ON ME I AM GOING TO GET YOU OUT OF THIS CAR SPANK YOU AND WE ARE NOT GOING TO CHICKALAY!!"

Are you kidding me! I didn't know what to say. I just ignored her, probably wrong thing to do but I didn't think I could address her without laughing and I knew that wouldn't be good.

4 comments:

  1. Oh Boy! Everyday, I understand more why some mothers in certain species, eat their young, LOL!
    I'm glad you took pictures and keepsaked the "comments". Someday, when she calls you in tears, pulling her hair out because her three year old is making her cuckoo ... you can remind her of this!
    Hope Troy is feelin' better! Poor little bug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, she sounds just the drama queen at my house! Too funny! She is very cute and again I am in total love with her hair! She is a doll!
    Paige has more makeup then I do! LOL
    Tami

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is too funny Holly! Made me laugh!!! I can see why she brings alot of laughter and joy into your life, and it's these times when certain kids need to be on the show kids say the darndest things, ha!!! :)

    ReplyDelete