Saturday, November 15, 2008

what's going on with us

I should be sleeping.. Sophia is spending the night at her Mimi's house (my mom) and Troy is in bed. Tony however, is playing video games... would you believe that he is almost 30 and still playing video games!? Men really are big kids. Now, I must say, it's not a kids game, but I don't see many video games that I think are good for kids these days. Maybe the Leapfrog games but those aren't really "video games"... he is playing some war game. What a nerd, I'm almost embarrassed to type that... LOL

This has been a good week for us. Troy is recouping from his nasty sinus infection. He is such a sweet boy. The quick weather changes in Florida are hard on the kids immune systems. It went from 65 degrees to 85 degrees in two days, it has been warm here. I hear another cold front is moving in this week, meaning back in the 60's... I know to most of you that doesn't sound cold, but for us Florida kids, we are used to the 90's. I've never even seen snow, so anything under 65 is freezing in my book. :)

Some of you have asked about the new house... well, no it didn't work out. Tony put an offer and they wouldn't take it- Tony said he really didn't care for it anyway, so it was for the best. Then we decided to stay put until our house sells.. two weeks later they called to say they accepted our offer. Although it was hard to turn down, we figured it would be best to stay until the house we are living in sells. In the meantime, I have still been looking and it sure is a buyers market. I am just hoping this house sells because I have my eye on a beautiful house at a great price. We will see... I am praying for a buyer to come along and put an offer on this house. Things have stabilized in Tony's job, at least for a while, and he is feeling more secure. That feeling of urgency is gone and we are just watching and waiting. I know God will provide and we will be OK, where ever we are. I am just thankful that Tony has a job and we got the insurance thing situated, for now anyway... life really can change in an instant. I guess we are supposed to hold on, and enjoy the ride. :) For those of us control freaks... hold on and close your eyes I guess, you never know what twists and turns are next and your strapped in and can't get out and... well, that's just how I feel... but I am trying to hold on, and enjoy it. I really am. :)

Tomorrow is church and then I think for lunch, we are going to use the Outback Steakhouse gift card that's been sitting in Tony's wallet for too long now. Yummy!

Hope everyone has a good weekend. :)

2 comments:

  1. You have a busy household girl, but in all that craziness, God is in the mix! Your little Sophia is too cute! I can't wait to meet her someday, and your handsome dude, both the men in your life, ha!!! Love ya girl. Have a great day!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that the pressure is off and that you guys can make decisions not feeling huge burdens, right now. Sometimes under so much pressure, people make rash decisions and then regret them ... and regret their spouse, too. The Power of Prayer - I'm always amazed :)
    You are so flippin' funny with that internal thermometer of yours! You'd be one frozen Hollysicle up here! It was like 23 degrees on Saturday night when we ventured home around 9:30. Brrrrr.

    ReplyDelete