Thursday, May 7, 2009

Children and the Lord


Children really do have a close walk with the Lord don't they? Innocent little beings that they are.
I raise my children in a home built on faith. I pride myself in this but there are days that I have those 'insert foot in mouth' moments.
And wouldn't you know my mouthy daughter is always there to point me back in the right direction, probably because my son doesn't say much more than 'Ewww' and 'Daddy' at this point, I'm sure he will use the Holy Father to teach me a lesson or two. But for now, my daughter has taken this role.
Recently she has taken on this quote "how does God feel when you act like that?"
I really don't know where she heard that but sounds like someone really smart taught her that ;)
She tells her brother that when he throws toys, screams, or just acts naughty.
She tells her babydolls that when they are playing house alone in her room.
I got onto her the other day and she looked at me and said "MOMMY, HOW DO YOU THINK GOD FEELS WHEN YOU TALK TO ME LIKE THAT??"
Why oh why....
This isn't the first time she has used God to show me that the way I am acting was less than Godly...
I doubt this will be the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment