Saturday, May 30, 2009

morning routine.

I just got back from taking the dog on his morning walk, I call them 'prayer walks'. I try to go around 630 every morning. I love it. Peaceful, alone time to gather my thoughts, pray, meditate before the chaos of the day begins.
Today I did NOT want to get up and go. Normally, I am excited about this time and when my alarm beeps I get dressed and go. Not today- today I turned my alarm off and rolled back over. About 5 minutes later Troy started fussing so I brought him a bottle and he went back to sleep. I dragged myself into the bathroom and got dressed to go walking.. then I went back in my bed. Then the dog started 640am, he knows he is supposed to be walking! Oh the routines in this house are amazing ;) I am one of the most "routined" people I know- now, my entire family is... down to the dog!
I came in and was contemplating what this blog was going to be about?
I made my coffee and sat down at the computer, the dog went to his food bowl, ate what he didn't finish last night, and I got him more, I checked yahoo, facebook, then my blog... ALL OF THIS IS A ROUTINE! I do these things everyday, this same order... down to the dog food,strange! Now, call my crazy but I never realized how much of my day is a 'routine' -I love schedules they are great, they create balance and stability.. which I am desperatly in need of during this time. Getting a little wild now, maybe tomorrow morning I'll check facebook before yahoo ;)

2 comments:

  1. Good Morning Holly!
    I read your blog pretty faithfully but am not very good about commenting...sorry :(
    I am all about routines too! As a teacher for children with autism there is no such thing as a spontaneous moment....even our changes in schedule are clearly grafted into their "routine".
    Your little ones are so very cute!
    Have a wonderful and restful Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey missy pants! You've been missing for a few days & I've missed you. Glad you are back into your routines & schedules =)
    I think schedules are an absolute necessity, especially with small children. They know what to expect and when - their lives are very organized. I know that when my kids are off schedule they get a bit cuckoo and sometimes, that's ok. Children need to learn how to handle change, also. But not an everyday, pulling a rabbit out of a hat, penny behind their ear, type of thing. So go ahead, get a little crazy ... maybe you should become a fan of a crazy Santa Fe page on FB (like Santa Fe Properties!)
    Hugs girly...M

    ReplyDelete