Thursday, May 14, 2009

If there was a ladder to the moon Sophia would climb it.

Sophia really is a brave little girl! I am amazed and strengthened by her bravery. She always looks at every situation with a pure heart and a sense of confidence that I wish I possessed.
I heard someone speak of their child and they said "If there was a ladder to the moon she would climb it." Perfectly said!
The medication took it's toll on her Saturday night. She had been complaining of stomach aches in the evenings after taking her medication (now that it has been raised) but I just kept an eye on her but it didn't seem to severe. I would offer her some crackers which she wouldn't eat. She would say "I already brushed my teeth I don't want to get cavities." yes, this coming from a three year old, wise beyond her years. Saturday night she was complaining and she woke up about 11 really upset about her stomach. She laid on the blow up mattress by my bed for a while. She asked me, "Mommy, why does my tummy hurt? Why do I feel yucky at night? I hate the night." I don't want to tell her that it's from the medication. It breaks my heart that she has to go through the trials and errors of finding the right medication and the right dosage. She said she needed to go throw up and went to the toilet. She asked me to hold her hair. Three years old and she is leaning over the toilet asking me to hold her hair. For a while we sat on the floor in the bathroom. I held her, rubbed her head, kissed her hands. She would get a wave of nausea and stand by the toilet waiting. She was tired. She would yawn. It was a long emotional night. She would rub my hair back and say "I love you mommy, I'm going to be ok." She is really an amazing little being. I refuse to cry in front of her but it is so hard. She knows my heart hurts for her on nights like this. She is so brave. She finally threw up.. just what looked like the pill. Then rest. She got a little nauseous from time to time through the night but the worst was over. "I am scared, but God makes me brave Mommy"
She was glad to feel better and said over and over "I'm not sick anymore!" I am sure you can imagine how hard it was after a night like that to give her that pill at 8am the next morning. It pulled at my heart to watch her chew it up. I reminded myself though, this is a smaller dose though and she seems to do well with it. So, no church on Sunday morning after that night. And yes, it was Mother's Day. No two little butter beans would I rather be the mother of.
I called the doctor later in the evening, didn't want to interrupt her Mother's Day but there was NO way I was going to give her the larger pill that night. She said it was ok to go back down to the 5mg pill and see how she did with it. Relief!
I gave her the pill and for the first time in about a week she slept the night and didn't complain of a tummy ache. Thank you God for uneventful nights like that! We will have to test the pill again in a week or so just to test and be sure it was the pill that was making her sick.. this will be difficult to do but it is such a small dosage that the doctor just wants to be sure. They will also do a blood toxicity check at this time.
In the past Sophia has metabolized medication in her blood very slowly so they just want to check. She was taking a 5mg pill in the morning and a 12.5mg pill at night, they wanted her to take a 25 mg pill twice a day, she could take up too 75mg twice a day. I can't imagine! So- we need to get this figured out! Just another thing I guess.
It was an emotional Mother's Day.
I adore my children and wouldn't have it any other way though. Well, maybe without the vomiting.
Thank you God for blessing my Mother's Day with Sophia and Troy.

1 comment:

  1. Seriously, I love Sophia soooo much. She's so precious! I'm going to come over and see ya'll this weekend, we'll make it work :) Love you, Holly!

    ReplyDelete