Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Am I the only one NOT offended when people say, "Happy Holidays"?

Happy Holidays.... why is that wrong?
I have seen and heard so many people all in a tizzy this season because someone told them "Happy Holidays". I am not meaning to offend but I say, "Happy Holidays" and not because I am anti-Christ, anti-Christmas, anti-Hanukkah, anti-Kwanzaa or any other celebration... but because to me Happy Holidays just encompasses all of the holidays celebrated from Thanksgiving through New Year. I don't care if you celebrate Thanksgiving, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, Christmas or any other holiday during these few months... this is a no-judgment zone... I say "Happy Holidays" because that is in fact what I am meaning to say. It is not a dig against Christianity.
I think people are too sensitive. Can't we all just coexist?
So as we are getting ready to celebrate a New Year my wish for us all is that we have peace on Earth and goodwill towards men, whatever holiday you are celebrating. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment