Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Wild Wild World...

death is such a harsh thing...
to loose someone you love...
a pet, a friend, a sibling, a parent, an aunt, an uncle, a cousin, a child...
death is a harsh reality to life... I find comfort in life after death, but sometimes even knowing that doesn't make living here without them any easier.
During the holidays I often have moments of sadness, these moments get shorter as the years go by... I remember my dad. He passed away when I 17.
I think of him everyday in a fond kind of way... thinking about how much he would have enjoyed seeing Sophia and Troy. I wish I could call him and tell him that Sophia has a loose tooth or I wish he could come watch Troy play t-ball. He would have thought Troy was the coolest little guy and Sophia would have had him wrapped around her finger.
I miss him at the holidays- each year it gets easier but Cat Stevens... he always gets me... I was listening to Cat Stevens and it always makes me think of my dad. He used to sing so loud, play his guitar, and sing... I loved singing with him... good memories are like raindrops from heaven.



I found a website that had a picture of his grave site... at first I didn't know what to think about it, but I like that I got to see it again, I haven't seen this in over 9 years, it looks just as I remember it...

1 comment:

  1. Holly, this was beautiful!! I know you Dad would be proud!!! Love you, friend!!!

    ReplyDelete