Friday, February 18, 2011

Blue Springs State Park

We went on a field trip this week to Blue Springs State Park to see the manatees with some friends. This was a really fun trip. We studied about manatees during the week and on Thursday we got to go see some. It was fun but Sophia was a bit disappointed that we didn't get to swim with them. Last year we went to Sebastian Inlet (maybe it was Ponce Inlet, I can't remember) and we ended up swimming with one very friendly manatee.. but it was still neat to see them. That is one busy state park- I hear it is a very popular campground as well. It seemed like a great spot, but LOTS of people. There is a small playground and picnic area. I really wanted to rent a canoe but Sophia refused to go with me, she said, "You're not putting us in there, not without Daddy." I guess we will have to go back, with Daddy.

When we got home my wild children were roaring and ready to play on their slip and slide, my little bugg-a-boos.

Eat it up you Northerners... yes- that is swimsuits and sunshine in February. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment