Friday, February 25, 2011

what Troy likes in a woman...

I have never seen a little boy who had such an opinion about fashion as my little Troy. I guess it's not really fashion but appearance...I have one opinionated little boy. I guess he knows what he is looking for in a woman, you better have your hair looking nice, your nails manicured, you better smell good, and have smoky eyes... oh baby!
I was getting ready the other morning, my hair in a frizzy bun on top of my head, I needed to shower and get ready. Troy walks in my bathroom and says, "Oh mommy you look like McPhee." Well if any of you have seen Nanny McPhee, you know this is not a compliment, but for those of you who haven't seen Nanny McPhee here is a photo...

Yes, not a compliment from my 3 year old son.
So I politely kicked him out of my bathroom, got a shower, washed my hair, brushed my teeth. Then, in an attempt to impress the little man in my life, I blew my hair dry and put on a bit of makeup (for those of you who know me personally, you know I have never been big on makeup).
I presented myself to the little man and in the most astonishing and surprised voice he said, "oh Mommy, you don't look like McPhee anymore, you not ugly anymore mommy, you are beautiful."
Perfect response, sort of.
I recently got my nails done (Christmas present that I got from my Daddy)... I haven't had my nails done (other than a quick polish on my short nails) since Troy was an infant. Troy has no idea what mommy would look like with nice manicured nails, I honestly didn't think he would notice... oh but he did. He says, "Oh mommy, your nails are beautiful, you do this all the time now ok?" I assured him I would always have nice nails, but with no thought that I would really keep this up.. acrylic nails are not cheap and rather time consuming... not something I gave another thought too. Well, my nails did eventually flick off, or I ripped them off.. and Troy was the first to notice, "you don't have pretty nails anymore!" So- tonight, once Tony got home from work I went and got "pretty nails" once again- he likes the pink and white acrylic the best.
OH- and he also notices how I smell... I love love love Warm Vanilla Sugar from Bath and Body, it is my favorite scent! Tony bought me a gift set with the shower gel, lotion, and body spray for Valentines Day. I had been out for about a month. The first night I bathed with my favorite scent. I went to Troy's room to check on him and he says, "oh you smell beautiful again!" And what exactly did I smell like before?
Oh- and might I mention that when we headed out for the grocery store yesterday he said, "you should put that black on you eyes, make you look so pretty mommy, you my beautiful girl." So- yes, I was Troy's beautiful girl with a smoky eye while grocery shopping.
Gotta keep my little man happy right?

2 comments: