Tuesday, February 22, 2011

strong one

My girl went through another bout of seizures Monday.
I'd say there were around three grand mal seizures, from 1pm till around 5ish. She was "out of it" for about 4 hours. It was very difficult to see her struggling. Her senses were so heightened I was holding her and rubbing her back and she cried saying I was punching her. Troy came in to check on her and asked if she was ok, he touched her leg and she screamed that he hit her. It was hard to see her acting so out of control. She would scream that she smelled gold and her tummy hurt. She had a headache. She had trouble walking, coordinating her movements. I had to stay right by her side because I didn't want her to hurt herself, by falling. She did trip, trying to get out of her bed when I was turning on a movie for Troy. If the lights were on she would grab her eyes and cry. This was how she acted between her seizures, when she wasn't sleeping. Her dog never left her side... Jazzy-Bell even came and got me once when Sophia was trying to get out of bed.

Troy said, "Sissy is sick, God knows Momma, He's trying to make her better" Oh- it gives me goosebumps to think about it. He was so brave and so patient during these few hours. Eventually she did sleep and I was able to take him outside to play in the backyard. He said, "I'm worried about Sophi, she's not sick, like sick, but she's sick." Sweet boy.
When she did finally get up, around 5:40, she didn't really remember any of what we had just been through. She said she knew she was not feeling good, but didn't remember anything else. I just told her "you had a rough day" and she agreed that she had a rough day.
I called the doctor and they decided to raise her daily medication from 75mg a day to 100mg per day. He said any hopes we had to wean her off of medication in September were going to be delayed. He said, "her brain is not well." I really like the new doctor he sounded disappointed that she had a day like that, it was nice to feel that he shared our disappointments but acknowledged our hope. He stressed the importance of allowing her brain down time (nap time) and keeping her on a sleep schedule. The doctor was very calming.
God gave us peace that day. It was a bummer but I think we have all accepted that this is part of her life. We pray for God to intervene and have faith that He can, but we also accept that this maybe His plan and He is in control.
Doesn't change the fact that it is very difficult to see her going through things like this... I am just soo glad that she doesn't remember how terrified and combative she was, it was a different part of her brain in control, very scary.
We are very blessed two days later she is sassy as ever,

laughing,

jumping on the trampoline,

and loving her brother.

Even Jazzy-Bell is resting easy, now that her girl is feeling better.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers!! We are so blessed to be surrounded by people who love and support us.

1 comment:

  1. Sending our love and prayers!
    Big hugs! She's so adorable!!
    Tami

    ReplyDelete