Saturday, February 19, 2011

I finally have a crafting space

There was a time when I had an entire room in our other home that was dedicated to my crafts. I had two long tables, scrapbooks, computer, printer, paints, everything my little heart desired and then more. The room was so big that I didn't know what to do with it, I never got time to play in it either because it was upstairs and away from where the kids would play, not very functional. We moved from that house to a much smaller home and I don't have a crafting room anymore. I am so thankful for the little space in our little home that is now My Crafting Corner!
I love it.
Perfect spot for my sewing machine and projects. It is right in the great room next to the sliding glass door that leads to our backyard, where Sophia and Troy spend most of there time so it is just perfect!
So if you don't have an entire room to dedicate to your creativity... designate a small piece of your home for yourself and make it you!
And here are some pictures of my crafting space.
The dinosaur in the bottom right corner is Troy's touch to my space. The basket underneath stores the fabrics that I am working on. I have a book shelf in my closet that I use for storage but this little desk offers a place that is not the dining room table for me to work. The desk is a cheapy that I picked up from Target for $30 and I am VERY happy with it. The shelves were two for $20 at Target as well and I filled mason jars with buttons and metal hair clips for decoration and storage. Oh and I didn't take a close up but the green frame on the wall has a piece of fabric in it... simple, but super cute.

I bought a 'media basket' for ribbons, scissors, and extras that I need at arms reach. I suggest buying the 'media baskets' because they were more inexpensive than the 'storage baskets' ($4 difference) but are just the same!

This is an old vase that I filled with potpourri for decorations... simple and pretty!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! I need to clean up and then photograph my space and blog about it...heck I need to just blog about something! :)

    ReplyDelete