Tuesday, March 29, 2011

How many times do I have to say it?

I don't know how many times I tell my family,
"NO SHOES IN THE HOUSE!"
"Put your shoes in the basket."
"Find your shoes!"
"If you had put them in the basket you wouldn't be looking for them now."

I must say it at least 10 times a day. I keep a "shoe basket" by the front door. This makes for a convenient spot for everyone to drop their shoes when they come in, even through it is there as a constant reminder they continually walk right past it like they don't even see it. I get so frustrated because I have made it so easy for them. If they would just follow instructions they wouldn't loose their shoes, make us late walking out the door, or get the carpet dirty.
So simple, if they would just do what they are told.



With yesterday's rain dirt turned to mud and after a quick run to the produce stand I cringed as Sophia stepped inside with her dirty rain boots! I snapped for her to take her shoes off and she jumped back outside to take off her blue and orange boots. Why don't they listen, why do I have to repeat myself a thousand times! It is such a small thing but it would make life so much easier.

Isn't that how it is so often with God. He waits there patiently waiting for us to listen to Him, to focus on what He wants to do in our lives. He makes it so simple but we walk right by never taking notice of how simple He has made it for us. He calls out to us, He wants us to see what He is trying to share with us; love, hope, salvation, but many times we just walk right by. How many times does he have to say it? We don't listen. We don't focus our attention on the answers. We are so busy going from one thing to the next that we don't pay attention to Him.

This week I desire to spend less time running from one thing to the other and more time listening for God. Focusing on His want for my life, paying attention to Him. So as I pick up shoes from under the couch, beneath the dining room table, the front door, and the bathroom, I'll put them in the "shoe basket" and may I use the small things to remind me of the more important things in this life.



Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. -Colossians 3:2

No comments:

Post a Comment