Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Roadkill Remake

I went to Jungle Zone with a friend last week. We were chatting about crafting, she said "I saw an old coffee table in someone's trash on the way here and I thought of you."

Where!? I have to have it!

She laughed, like she thought I was kidding?? I was so for real!

She told me where she saw it and when we left I hoped that the trash truck hadn't made it to my possible treasure.

And a treasure it was!!!

Look what we found...



I know it doesn't look like much. The top was wet from all the rain we've been getting. I took the top off and painted it "Vanilla Brady" just like the kitchen hutch.



I was really excited about this piece I have been wanting an over-sized ottoman for the living room. We have a small living room space and I wanted to use the ottoman for extra seating and this was going to be perfect! I covered it with an orange/ivory fabric and I love how it turned out...



I added a few pillows to our boring couch and it really brightened up the living room and go things ready for summer...







I am going to keep looking for some creative things to do with the wall behind the couch but for now I am very satisfied with my cozy and cool living room.

2 comments: