Thursday, April 21, 2011

tied up with a lot of projects...

I have been so busy lately...

Funny how life has a way of 'dumping' on you from time to time.

I have always wanted to try my luck and upholester a wingback type of loveseat. I have had my eye out for some time. I don't know how good I'd be at this venture so I've never wanted to spend money on the love seat. But I always said if one 'falls into my lap' I'll jump on the oppurtunity. Well, today my friend called me and let me know she saw a horrid looking love seat, just what I was looking for, free at a local thrift shop. Luckily, my Grand Daddy was able to take his truck and pick it up for me.



So I'm adding that on my to do list.

Then, the day before I found an old TV, the kind in the wooden consoles. I've been eye-balling some ideas from different blogs and said if I ever see one in someone's trash I'm going to give it a shot. Wouldn't you know... another one of my friends was at the park with her kids and saw one in someone's trash.

I love how my friends think of me when they see trash on the side of the road.. but, it works.

So I drove over, dug it out of someone's trash, and added that to my to do list.



Two, things I had never seen before, both of them, free within a few days of one another.

Love how that happens... so now I have plenty to keep me busy over the next few weeks.

I also have been painting some 'murals' on the walls of a local bakery. More to come but here is a photo of some of the work I did last night.



Also, today during naptime I realized I was totally slacking on the Easter Shirts for the kids and I decided I wouldn't neglect my children's need for Easter shirts because of some junk in the garage calling my name... so...
Here is Troy's shirt..



Here is Sophia's shirt...



And the back of Sophia's shirt..



The shirts could have come out better.. but with so much to do and so little time... I need to remember 'haste makes waste' and slllllooooooowwwww dooooowwwwwwnnnnnn.

Like Troy says, "Momma, go slowly-."

So, lots going on.. but I wouldn't have it any other way. We are having a good week. Keeping close to home and taking it easy. I have a final due on Monday so I've been preparing for that. We are going to my mom's house for an Easter celebration on Saturday, then Sunday church and celebrating with Tony's family... they are coming here so lots of housework to be done ;)

Hope everyone is having a good week.

1 comment:

  1. Love the kids shirts....can't wait to see the trash projects! :)

    ReplyDelete