Sunday, April 3, 2011

sharing...

I love how good my children share.. they share so good they even shared a lovely stomach virus with each other. Troy woke up about 9:30pm and had puked all over his bed. Just as I got him cleaned up and laying back down... Sophia woke up crying that her tummy hurt and not too much longer the Martinez Home was the House of Puke!
Gross I know.. but it's the reality of having children.
Troy and Sophia are total opposites when it comes to throwing up.
Troy lays quietly in his bed, throws up, lays back down... he doesn't even let us know. At one point I went to check on him and I said, "If you need to throw up and can't make it to the bathroom just use that bowl (old tupperware)" and he said, "I already did." Poor little guy, I didn't even know.
Sophia on the other hand, screams, cries, and hyperventilates before she even throws up. The whole house, and probably the neighbors can hear her screaming "I don't want to throw up." She won't let you leave her side and gags and coughs until it finally happens. Then she lays in bed terrified that it will happen again so the whole thing repeats itself over again.
I think I finally went to bed around 3am... went to bed, at the foot of Sophia's bed, while Tony slept on the floor in Troy's room ready and waiting for any further "action".
It's 11:30, Sunday morning and we are watching Alvin and the Chipmunks and the kids are eating waffles, saying the feel "all better".
Troy was so cute this morning, we all woke up at the same time. Tony and Troy came out of one room, Sophia and I came out of the other... Troy hugged Sophia and said, "Sissy, we both threw up all night!"
I'm glad they feel better... I just hope Tony and I don't end up with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment