Friday, October 21, 2011

learning together...

I love homeschooling my children...

I think it is important to provide them with a solid foundation...

equip them to do great things...

it just feels right, like this is how it is meant to be.

Ask me 7 years ago if I thought I would be a homeschooling parent and I would have said no way!

7 years ago I was going to school to be a teacher, little did I know I would be teaching my own...

We learn together...

We learn about the Earth, the power of sunlight, mammals, carnivores, herbivores...

We read... We count... We explore... but even more than that we learn how to be together...

Today was unexpected. Today was a day unlike most, we got up, had no plans, no school work on the schedule...

We went to drop something off to a friend and realized Troy had left his sneakers at Mimi's farm...

We drove over to the farm to get his shoes

As always on the farm if you look around there is work to be done...

so we did some...

We worked for a bit... we played a bit little longer...

Troy rode in the Jeep with GrandDaddy... he ate a cucumber that GrandDaddy cut with his pocket knife...

Sophia found an apple and shared it with a horse...

We went to visit the Great Grandparents...

Troy stole some candy from GiGi

We counted hay bails and enjoyed the beautiful weather.

We came home and made chili for tonight's supper.

We went to the playground and found a beetle,



They ran around,

I pushed them on the swings,

We sang songs and talked about Jesus...

We investigated the beetle again before going home Troy tried to bring it back to life, it didn't work...




We found out our friends are sick, we made them cookies which we will drop off in a few hours...

Today is a day that there were no lessons planned but we are learning together about life, taking care of one another, helping each other, praising God in everything we do... and what lesson we could learn in a book is greater than that?

My two are snuggled together on the couch enjoying an afternoon movie...

And I think... this is how it is supposed to be...

They are mine, they won't be mine forever, but while they are I will treasure the moments... teach them, love them, learn them... and we will do this together... because that is how our family is supposed to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment