Thursday, October 20, 2011

what's important to me

We have needed time for us lately.

The hustle of the holidays is quickly approaching...

I've postponed playdates, ignored my calendar and dismissed the everyday stuff.

A laundry pile covers my dining room table.

Dishes are always in my sink.

Dirty towels on the bathroom floor.

Family and friends fill my cluttered home with love and laughter.

My neighbors bring their children, my grandparents stop in, my friends come for a cup of coffee, time spent together, enjoying one another, living this life together...

Yes, I agree that a clean home clears the mind but a clean home takes time and my heart finds greater benefit in...

jumping on the trampoline with my monsters,

dancing in the kitchen with my daughter,

racing cars across the living room floor with my boy,

Falling into my bed with my man.

Yes, it is those things that fill my heart and make me complete.

The laundry will wait, the dishes will still be there tomorrow...

I want to invest my time in my family.

A clean house... maybe tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. Love this post! I'm going to share it with my friend who was just saying she can never get her house clean.... :)

    ReplyDelete