Thursday, October 27, 2011

how it goes sometimes...

This morning I woke up with a headache

I just didn't feel like doing much of anything



But my terrible twosome were up and ready for trouble

After an hour of entertaining them with the life sucker (the TV)



I decided I needed to get moving

I had planned on making some homemade playdoh




It was really the last thing I felt like doing

We had all of the ingredients and I thought the kids would enjoy it



Counts as some homeschool science and math so with coffee in one hand, camera in the other we got to work

Some days even with the best of intentions and preparation chaos erupts



The kids were bickering

No one wanted to sit still and listen while I talked about two 1/2s making a whole or how to get 2tsps you need to scoop the 1tsp measuring spoon 2 times...



I wasn't being fair to let Troy pour the water

and Sophia got more time stirring the pot on the stove than Troy did



Did I mention the blue food coloring was teal and not blue...

Yea, sometimes it doesn't go how we want it too...



We melted a plastic spider on the stove top...

Did I mention I still have headache?

On positive note:
The playdoh turned out great so here is the recipe we used...

Homemade Playdoh

1 Cup Water
1 Cup Flour
1/2 Cup Salt
2tsp Cream of Tarter
Food Coloring

Mix ingredients in a pot, stir over medium heat until ball forms and pulls away from the sides.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment