Wednesday, October 19, 2011

talking to God

Sophia got into some trouble this afternoon...

Her troubles usually land her in a quiet place where she can sit to think about what she did, why she did it and what she could do next time.

As she sat there she began to talk...

She was talking to God...



As she began to pray, she knew I was listening...

God my mommy is so mean...

She doesn't treat me nice...

I'm so mad...


Then she stopped...

I know God...

She isn't mean...

She does treat me nice...

I know, she makes me mac n cheese, she helps me wash my hair, she makes sure I have clean sheets on my bed...

She is a good mommy...

I know...

I know...

I know...

Amen.


She began to cry as she looked up at me.

I smiled and told her I love her and that I think she is a really great daughter.

She cried and told me that she knew I was a good momma...

She told me she talked to God because she was mad, but God talked to her,

Actually it was Abuelita, God let her tell me how good of a momma you are to me...

She told me she likes it when God lets Abuelita talk to her and she wished she could talk to her more...

I told her I was glad she got to talk to Abuelita too.

1 comment: