Tuesday, August 19, 2008

more rain...

*I did lots of repeating myself in this blog. I do that when I am overtired. I was wanting to share the pictures of the kids first day but I should have taken a nap. My little Sophia decided she was going to sit in her room for two hours and not sleep though. They are both up now and playing hard. I just hopped online to proof read and relized how silly this blog sounds. Oh well, that's sleep deprivation for ya!? Gotta be real ;)
Here are pictures from the Sophia's first day back to school and Troy's first day of school.
Sophia looks like, "Mom, stop taking pictures!"
Troy says, "Let's go Momma!!"


The kids started school yesterday. They are going Mondays and Wednesdays in the morning from 830-1130. I enjoyed my morning off mommy duty yesterday. I had lots of errands to run and was busy the whole time they were playing. Sophia loved having her bruder with her. Troy loved it! Then Hurricane Faye and no school now in Central Florida until Thursday, which means no school for Sophia and Troy until next week. The hurricane was down graded to a tropical storm and I don't think it will be that bad. Just a lot of wind and rain.. they warned of tornado threats. We have a couple gallons of water, gas in our cars, and I have made sure the clothes are clean, house is clean, dishes are washed... just in case the electricity goes out. A couple years ago we had a storm and it wasn't that bad but the electricity went out and it took four days for us to get it back on so that's my only main concern with this storm. I hate being hot but being hot and stuck in a dirty house is just too much. :) Today, the weather is sunny and windy- they probably didn't need to close schools today, I don't think the storm will get that bad until this afternoon. So- for now, we are just hanging out. Went to the grocery store this morning and have been hanging out at the house. Tony is working today, luckily he is working close to the house today so if it gets yucky he can get home pretty quick. Anyway, that's our boring day! OH- they are now saying the storm is going to flip and come back around and hit Florida again at the end of the week- GREAT! :)

1 comment:

  1. OMG!! Look at her tshirt ... that's hilarious! I love the photos, I can't believe Troy is walking around!
    I was thinking about you when I heard about "Faye" and was hoping that you guys wouldn't have much of anything besides rain and wind -- and not too much of either. We certainly don't mind the monsoons that stem from hurricane season here in the West, but it's gotta be a bit scary when you're near the coastline :o
    Glad you guys are ok - please just send an email saying jump in a lake to let us know you're ok if it does loop around again.
    Happy to hear you're getting some mommy vacation these days, that's nice for you =)

    ReplyDelete