Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Ring the Dinner Bell

In my last blog I wrote about how feeding time is chaotic in this house. I was reflecting on what an understatement that was this morning after feeding the kids breakfast. After lunch, chaos is a wayyyyy understatement!
We were in a hurry to get out the door to Troy's swim lessons this morning. The kids get up every morning within 5 minutes of each other. It's like they feel the energy coming from down the hall from their sibling's room. Rarely will one of them sleep in longer than the other. So this morning, Sophia woke up, I got her dressed and we went to the kitchen to get her morning medicine and her breakfast. Somewhere in the process Troy woke up, I got him dressed and in the highchair sitting next to Sophia. I made their waffles and they ate. Tater Tot (our dog) circles the highchairs waiting for something to drop onto the ground. When they are full both kids start throwing food to Tater and laughing at one another. So this morning before 8am, my wild monkeys were screaming, throwing food, and.. it was chaos. As I watched them, while I was loading the dishwasher and laughing to myself.
I got them down and they were waiting in the kitchen for me to wash their faces and hands. Troy was crawling around and Sophia was patiently waiting for me to get my act together. I ran to get a wash cloth and left the kids trapped by the baby gates into the kitchen. (Thank God for baby gates) When I got back my "little controller", Sophia, had Troy and Tater Tot sitting side by side reaching onto her highchair taking pieces of waffle feeding them.. saying "one for you Troy. one for Taty Tot. Now? who wants more? OK Troy. here you go Taty..." So cute!! Maybe I should have her do breakfast more often. She has more control than I do.
Then- lunch time. We got home after running some errands after swim lessons. Troy was starving so he went from the car seat to the highchair and Sophia played while I got lunch ready for her. Sophia was tired and cranky- fussing and refusing to eat everything I offered. While Troy double fisting baby cheese puffs, screeching for more when he would run out of food. Sophia was tossing her food onto Troy's highchair... Tater Tot was catching the food that didn't make it to the tray... ugh! I got Sophia down and she went potty and into her bed for a nap- thank God for nap time! I went back to the highchair to get Troy ready for nap and... AHH!! He pooped! It was everywhere!! Oh my son! Oh my! I will spare you the details but let me just say- oh my! Troy went to the bath, bathed and clean then into his room. I baby gated him into his room while I cleaned the bathtub with antibacterial; then mopped floor, the sink, the toilet. While I was doing this, Troy was standing at the baby gate, yelling and slamming his door onto the gate... Sophia was not able to fall asleep- she was standing on her bed yelling "BE QUIET TROY! SISSY IS SLEEPING!!" CHAOS! While I am knee high in poop! Not literally but it felt that way! :)
Let me just create a visual for you. Coming down the hallway out of the kitchen the first door is Sophia's room. Sophia has periwinkle colored walls with a sunflower and horse border circling the room. She calls it her pony room. The next door is the bathroom, where I was located, knee high in poo, remember? Then, Troy's room is at the far end of the hall, he has blue walls in his room with a barnyard border on the wall. Troy was gated into his room, standing at the gate wearing a camo onesie with his hair spiked in a mohawk. He still wears the battle scar from Sunday school under his left eye. He looked like a holy terror. Being as loud as he possibly could banging his door. Then looking out, laughing seeing if I was watching him. I looked out at him- then heard Sophia yelling in her room. I looked the other direction to see Sophia wearing a pink and blue butterfly dress, with a blue bow clipped into her hair, holding her "Ellie", with "boogie" (pacifier) in her mouth, standing on her pink blankets, yelling "BE QUIET TROY!.."
I quickly finished the bathroom. I got Troy settled down and in his crib, Sophia was able to go to sleep, and then onto the kitchen. Poop in the highchair, on the floor, ahh!! I hate poop! Again, sparing you more details, I then mopped the kitchen, disinfected the highchairs (both highchairs had to be cleaned,sparing you more details- use your imagination). Then off to disinfect myself!
Peace! Now, both kids are sleeping and I am guessing I have about an hour until they wake up. Off to pay some bills, fold some laundry, and make some phone calls. *After spellchecking and adding a few details where I thought necessary.. Sophia is awake. I am laying in my bed watching her on the video monitor as she is talking to "Ellie" and sharing her pacifier with another stuffed animal in her bed. :)
I hope everyone is having a happy Hump Day! :)
Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. I would die if there was that much poop, die! I've heard about boys, luckily, my Garbear NEVER had poopy anywhere except where it belonged! One time, he was sick and then, it was a poopfest.

    I'm tired just reading your post! And I think you're two hours ahead of me ... you're such a great mom!

    ReplyDelete