Saturday, August 30, 2008

Be a "downer"

I heard a totally horrible thing a couple weeks ago and don't know why I haven't shared it. You know me I just love sharing horrible things- totally kidding.
BUT- It is something important and worth sharing.
Emily shared this story with me and she may have shared it with you already. For those of you who don't know Emily I am sharing it with you.
Are you and "upper" or a "downer"?? Meaning- when you are loading your dishwasher do you put the knives and forks and spoons facing up or down? Thus, "upper" or "downer"? I am a "downer", Tony would protest because occasionally he catches me with a fork up, not a normal thing but it does happen when I trying to quickly load the dishes while Troy is racing for the first ceramic cup or plate he can get his grubby little hands on.
Back to the story- Emily heard or read a story about a woman who was loading her dishwasher and her child came up and slipped and fell onto the dishwasher and a knife went into his neck, punctured his jugular vein, and he died.
God Bless that family... accidents happen and there is definitely something to be learned from this story- make sure you're a "downer".
Love to you all and hope you have a great weekend, now that I shared that horrible story with you all. :) Seriously though, know that you should most definatly take note of that story. It could happen to anyone.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! That's horrible, unbelievably heartbreaking.

    I'm an upper and a downer...forks and knives are down (i've punctured my own skin enough times to have finally learned!) and spoons are up. I just think the spoons get cleaner when they are up because they drip properly and there's no water left to leave water stains :o) I don't like having to polish my silver everytime it comes out of the dishwasher ... makes me cuckooooo.
    Happy Labor Day!

    ReplyDelete