Monday, August 4, 2008

Busy Weekend

I am exhausted! It has been a busy time in our lives. I have started printing my blogs in an attempt to keep somewhat of a journal for our family and this time in our lives just seems to fly by. I feel like the second I get used to a routine or some kind of normalcy with the kids something changes. I wanted to write about our weekend, don't feel obligated to read this though, it might be boring but it is a weekend I don't want to forget, so here goes-
Saturday I went with all the girls to see Momma Mia. It was a good movie. I am not into chick flicks or musicals for that matter- but it was really good. I don't recommend seeing it with your husband. Had I gone with Tony I probably wouldn't have liked it near as much. I went with my mom, my sister, my aunt, my cousin, and my grandma. All the girls! It was so fun. Again, a very cute movie but I recommend seeing it with other women.
Before the movie my mom and I met and got pedicures.. it was nice sitting with her talking about life. I never imagined I'd be sitting with my mom getting a pedicure talking about my daughter, my son, my husband... life... it's so surreal sometimes. I really like spending time with my mom- we don't get to spend much one on one time together. She is a nurse- working all the time. When she isn't working she is taking care of her horses, cows, and all the other animals on the farm; including my dad. :)
After the movie my sister and I did a bit of shopping and then I went home. I got home and spent a couple hours playing with the kids and trying to give them some mommy time (I always feel guilty being gone from them).
Then, Tony and I got ready for a night out. My Mom and Dad came to the house and watched the kids for us and we went to the Melting Pot... my favorite restaurant in the whole world!! I love the Melting Pot. If you have never heard of it, it's an awesome fondue place, awesome! We went with my sister, Lana, and her boyfriend, Aaron. What a fun night. I enjoy hanging out with those two. I am glad Tony and Aaron get along so well- it makes it so much fun for Lana and I. I enjoy spending time with Lana as an adult. I always liked spending time with her growing up but we were 5 years apart and there was always that 'kid sister' aspect of our relationship. She really has grown up into a bright and beautiful young woman and I enjoy her now more than ever.
We got home about 9:30 and Troy was sleeping, Sophia was in her bed.. but awake- I sang her a song, said her prayers, and she was asleep moments after we got home. Mom was scrubbing under the highchairs laughing telling me about the adventure she had getting the kids dinner, baths, and bed... it really is chaos in our house during that time of night. I assured her that it is no easier for me- I meant it too. The bathroom and the kitchen have to be cleaned nightly.. there is no clean, neat, and tidy way to feed a bath a two year old and a 9 month old.
Sunday morning we got up and went to church. I love our church. So much life, so many families... I love it! During service the children's coordinator, Brooke, came and asked me to follow her out. At first, my heart dropped, I thought Sophia had had a seizure. Then I saw Brooke's face, she was smiling and whispered, 'it's OK'. So sweet. I knew it was fine. Funny how you form relationships with people, building a trust level. She probably saw my face knew I what I was thinking and just as quick as the thought crossed my mind Brooke smiled and I knew it was fine. I guess Troy had fallen and cut his cheek.. he has a nice little battle scar today. That's a boy for you! I brought him into church with me and he spent the last couple minutes of service sitting on my lap. What a mouth he is! He was drinking his sippy cup then spitting it all out onto his shirt- by the end of service he was soaked. We then headed to lunch at a local BBQ place. Then we got home and all of us crashed out. We feel asleep.... but who has time to sleep!? Not us!! We woke up in a panic- we had so much to go do before our last 'couples personality class' (this is a group couples class we have been hosting at our house that is lead by a couple from our church, more on this later- it was an awesome experience!!) Anyway, running like crazy people until our guests arrived. The kids had to be feed, bathed, and dressed before our company got there, which meant that the bathroom and the kitchen was going to have to be cleaned when that was done. Tony and I are a great team though and we were able to double team/double time.. and we were ready for our company at 7.
Busy day!!! Busy weekend!!!
Today I had to take Troy to his swim lessons. He is going for a refresher course this week, everyday for 10 minutes. He did soo good though. It is always hectic having to get out and take him to swim lessons, totally worth it though. His instructor is so nice, she makes it so enjoyable.
Then we came home, lunch, nap time, then off to the grocery store. When we got home it was cooking time... some of you know how I cook... if you don't know I'll tell you- I cook all of our meals for the week on Monday and Tuesday. Monday I cook all of the side dishes and Tuesday I cook all of the main dishes. It's hectic on Monday and Tuesday but the rest of the week it is so easy when all the meals are prepared and ready. I love doing it this way! Then, dinner, bath, and finally bed!
I am laying in bed typing... I love this crazy, hectic life! But I am exhausted! I am going to sleep!! I hope everyone had a great weekend and I hope you all are having a great week so far!! :) Bless you all!!

1 comment:

  1. MMMMMMMMM...The Melting Pot. Good for you guys, glad you were able to get in good "alone time" with eachother and without - nothing like a girls night. I can not imagine cooking all of our meals for the entire week - you're phenomenal! I usually make a pot of beans on Monday and brown rice - that's it! The rest of it is cooked spur of the moment ... "I'm hungry mom! What's for dinner?"
    I'm glad your house is like ours in the evening --CRAZY!! I'm with you, wouldn't trade it for the world :)

    ReplyDelete