Wednesday, August 20, 2008

my beautiful ones


I am going to miss this.
Have I mentioned how much I adore these babies!? They are getting so big so quickly. I can't believe next month Sophia is going to be three and then in October Troy will be one. Time flys. I think back at my life and remember when I was 10, wanting to be in high school. When I was in high school wanting to be in college. In college, wanting to be married. I have my moments, but there is no time or place I'd rather be than right now. I am finally taking my mom and dad's advice- I am "enjoying the moment". I know someday, I am going to miss this time in my life.
I went to lunch with my mother in law today. We were talking about making intentional memories. Planning trips with the kids, traditions, routines, legacies... all things we can look back on and remember.
Some things I know I am going to miss....
Troy's sparkle in his eyes when he is walking towards me, he is so proud.
I am going to miss...
Sophia asking me to rock her in the middle of the night when she has a bad dream.
I am going to miss...
them being together in this house
I am going to miss...
cleaning their highchairs
I am going to miss...
folding a load of their laundry, seems like 9 million articles of clothing in one load
I am going to miss...
their "boogies", "blankets", "Ellie"
I am going to miss...
Sophia asking me to polish her nails pink with "sparkles"
I am going to miss...
Troy attacking my glass of water so that he can have ice
I am going to miss...
having them wake me up in the morning
I am going to miss...
their endless energy.
I truly am enjoying every moment with these babies.
Now that I got myself all emotional thinking about my babies growing up... let me add how bored they are in all this rain! Luckily we did get out and go to lunch and they are taking naps now. :)
Take time and listen to the song "You're gonna miss this" It reminds me of what everyone has told me my whole life and what I am finally doing. :)

1 comment:

  1. Holly- I love that song "You're going to miss this". It really puts things in perspective. Life goes by waaaaay to fast to let those moments slip by. Enjoy the good moments with the bad, because regardless, they're moments you will never get back :)

    ReplyDelete