Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Hump Day Update

Grandma's service was beautiful. It was perfect, just how she would have wanted it. She was a Jewish woman so it was obviously a Jewish service. It was wonderful. The Rabbi did a great job explaining the traditions and why they did what they did. He spoke of Grandma's life and how important family was to her. She had 5 children, 16 grandchildren, and 6 great grandchildren. She really was the glue that kept our family close and she will be missed. No matter what she wanted us to love each other, so love each other we will. :)
It was wonderful to see all my cousins. I miss them and am hoping that we will all keep in touch now that Grandma isn't here to keep us all updated with one another. I am sure we will.
It was a day of healing, forgiveness, and love.

Now, this world moves doesn't stop spinning...

Sophia has been a total handful lately. I believe she is having a little bit of Grandma coming out of her. Can you say ATTITUDE? We started a behavior chart, which really seemed to be working out great, then I think the "coolness" of it wore off and she could care less about her chart. I'll post pictures of it and how we made it later this week, it really is a good idea. I am going to encourage her to get to the top of her chart today. Kind of reintroduce it to her, Tony didn't do much with it while I was in Boynton Beach. I am sure me being gone has a lot to do with the -tude I've been getting from her.

Troy is sweet as ever. Always busy into something. If I didn't lay him down for a nap I bet he'd never sleep. :) He is such a little sweetie. He lays his head on you and is such a cuddlier. He is really into cars right now. He has a bin of them and drives them on the walls, the window, the floor, his belly, his crib, everywhere.

Tony is working and back in school now for the spring semester. He said this morning that he didn't want to go to work and Sophia responded something (I can't remember what) and he said "I am thankful that I have a job". Now coming from Tony, that's deep... HAHAH! :) It was nice to hear him be so positive. I guess for me it really is the little things in life that make a difference. I find thankfulness/gratefulness to be a very attractive quality ;)

Me- same old same old. Taking care of the kids. The funeral has really worn me out. Emotionally I feel drained, but in a good kind of way. I have some projects that I need to wrap up this week and then I have two more chapters to finish in medical terminology, which has kind of taking a back seat since the move and the holidays. I really want to start running in the mornings. I wanted to start this morning, but Troy was up and down last night and it was freezing cold so I just didn't want to get out of the covers! The kids slept until 8 and it was nice to rest a bit. Our new subdivision is a beautiful area to run, country, trees, and lakes, and nice houses to look at.

OK- I've done enough rambling for everyone...
Have a Happy Hump Day!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Holly...thanks so much for coming over to my blog...I'm in a crazy hurry (my 4mo. old niece needs to get some nourishment!) so I did not get a chance to read your blog yet but will definately get back on tomorrow and read!
    I look forward to getting to know you!
    Have a blessed day!
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete