Friday, January 2, 2009

my heart sank...

I heard on the news John Travolta's son died today, apparently it is believed that he hit his head during a seizure while in the bathroom while the family was in the Bahamas. I read "Actor John Travolta's 16 year old son died today in the Bahamas" my heart sank, as it does for any parent/family who looses a child. I clicked the link that went into say that he died for an apparent seizure. My heart sank even farther. This happens all too much. Child with history of seizures, they don't even have to be life threating seizures, and then they are gone. I read a year or so ago about a 19 year old girl who was taking a bubble bath and had a seizure and her dorm roommate found her in the tub. They considered her a drowning victim not a victim of epilepsy. Terrible. My heart goes out to the Travolta family and and other family who is reminded of a similar loss of their child or loved one. It happens all too much. If nothing else I hope this bring knowledge to what can be very scary reality to all seizure sufferers.
Reminds me of the seizure Sophia had while sitting on the potty. I can't help but wonder if I hadn't been there to hold her up what could have happened. Makes me worry about the independence that she will have the older she gets.
Don't mean to be a downer...

3 comments:

  1. I saw the news story yesterday and thought about you. Hoping that you didn't see it. :( Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just heard today. It is soo very scary, life itself and the struggles that come with it. I am pryaing for you guys and Sophie that her seizures are gone forever! I pray for peace of mind for you. I know how horrible it is to watch your child in hopes for them to be safe.
    Love you guys!
    Tami

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holly- I know, so sad. I thought of you when I heard the news. Love ya girl and hope you and yoru famiyl are having a wonderful weekend!

    Love,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete