Tuesday, January 27, 2009

sleep deprivation

My sister-in-law said the other night, "I should not be driving." In reference to how sleep deprived she is raising her preteen son and her two toddlers who don't sleep through the night. I am sure most of us mommies can relate to this feeling. I remember when Sophia was born and I thought it is a level of exhaustion that I never imagined. It's true right? As of recent the kids are sick, I am sick, the dog is sick. Tony tells me that he must have a great immune system because he didn't get sick. Well, Tony, that's because you are gone 90% of the time from this germ infested house and you sleep at night! I was up last night ten times... actually more, I just quit counting after ten. Now, yes I could have woke Tony to help.. and yes, he would have gotten up... but the good wife I am- He has to leave at 730 for work so I'll let the sleeping husband sleep. :) I don't know how he sleeps through it all but he does. Now, back to the driving statement. I hit the mailbox. I was checking the mail and just drove off with the mailbox. Now, it didn't hurt the mailbox but it did damage our favorite family vehicle my Quest. Poor thing has a scratch down the whole side. Now, you'd think that once I knew I was hitting the thing, I'd stop driving... but I didn't. Now I guarantee that someone who gets a full 8 hours of sleep per night would have stopped driving. Also, you should see some of the emails that I send people... asking the same questions 5 times. You've done that right? You've done that right? You've done that right? Oh- and yesterday I was trying to scramble eggs and I cracked an egg right into the sink- oh that will cook it.
Needless to say when you are on the roads, on the phone, checking emails... look out for those sleep deprived mommies.
Just a side note: My sick babies are dancing around the livingroom and coughing while "Womanizer" by Britney Spears is blarring on my ipod. HAHAH!!!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you and your sick babies get to feeling better Holly. Oh, and don't feel bad, hitting the mailbox and taking it with you would totally be something I'd do, hahaha!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No you didn't!!? Did you?
    Eeeek - you better get some rest. I am totally shocked that all of you are sick - you are such an antigermer. Did you guys get flu shots? I'll tell you what girl, last year I was sick ALL winter, totally blaming it on the flu shot.
    Get better, hope the babies get better quickly, too! Big hugs. And, uh, no more driving until you all feel better.

    ReplyDelete