Monday, January 19, 2009

Monday Monday

Today was a rather busy day in our house. My friend Katie came over with her little boy. They spent the morning visiting with us. OH- and Troy gave his first real, non-forced hug to Paul, Katie's son. It was so cute. Sophia was in the bathroom and the boys were standing outside of the door and Troy walked towards Paul with his arms wide open. At first I didn't know what he was doing. Then I told Paul, "I think he wants to hug you" Paul reached his arms out and Troy laid his head on Paul's chest and hugged him. When Paul let go Troy reached in for another, and another, and another until Paul was done with all that hugging. It was really sweet. Troy as only hugged on command, when he hits, pinches or bites his sister he will hug and "say sorry" not really but it's good practice. It was really cute. The kids played, ate lunch and had a great morning together.
They left right before nap time. The kids napped and I cleaned house a bit.
When they woke up we went to the strawberry patch. It was so fun. I didn't realize there was one so close to our house. It is really all of 6 minutes away. We are going to go again next week. We walked through the field, picked our strawberries. Then I let the kids play on the playground for a little while. Picking the strawberries was fun.
I watched Sophia - very gently bend down and move the leaves side to side trying to find any strawberries that were ready to be picked. She was so sweet and careful. She told me and anyone around who would listen that the strawberries were dirty and we were going to take them home and wash them so that we could eat them. She told Troy how he could only pick the berries that were red not the green ones. She knew just which ones she wanted to pick and she was so incredibly careful with each berry and she would lay it in the basket. Troy didn't seem to interested in picking berries. He followed Sophia and tossed a few leaves and dirt into the basket. He didn't seem to care, that is until he realized that he could eat them. Once he realized that he could sneak a few into his mouth when I wasn't looking the fun was over for me. He was running down the row of berries and grabbing leaves, berries, and dirt and shoveling them into his mouth. I was sure we were going to get kicked out or that he was going to destroy all of the crop. You would think that I never feed the kid. When I finally pulled him to the end of the row he was screaming and digging his feet into the ground trying to get back into the field. My sweet daughter, she was clean, her hair was neatly in place and she was so happy walking around the field. Troy was filthy and running with his jacket half off and his shoes untied. Both of them, not a care in the world but defiantly totally different. :) Then it was off to Walgreens and to pick up chicken nuggets for Burger King -so guess who didn't have to cook dinner tonight. :)
It was a wonderful day.

3 comments:

  1. Typical picture you just painted. Sophia nice, gentle, and dainty, and Troy all over the place, haha!!!! :)I love those two!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Holly! Thanks for stopping by. I love "meeting" new bloggers!

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  3. You. went. to. a. strawberry. patch.

    I have to admit, I may feel just a little bit jealous there! Oh, I am ready for winter to end here in Colorado where even though it's 60 the wind blows so hard its only in the high 40's! You lucky ducks!

    Thanks for the update friend:)

    ReplyDelete